Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Good pictures Mike! Saw those big owls for only a couple years, the city limits had stretched ten miles south by then and it was urban. We had Red Tailed hawks that lived in a group of appx 50 ft tall Ligustrum bush-tree things a yard away. They came close for the chipmunks!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators

We have a Great Horned owl about 2 houses down from the sound of it.

This is a Great Horned owl who was rescued about a block from us. It was stuck in mud apparently. Guess he rubbed the “horns” off?

He is being held by a professional licensed animal rehabber who said he would be just fine. 

image.thumb.jpeg.ab8908794fc62308cf65674be4b3614a.jpeg

• Like 5

We have owls... Never seen them... but, I find pellets and hear them. 

I got to see something I have never seen here.... antelope. They were pretty much driven out by cattle ranching.... On the Buenas Aires NWR, they are trying to reverse that. They cleared a ton of mesquite... cows "planted" them...and have grassland. This has been years in the making. Glad to see that there are antelope on the place now.

I bet the practice rounds for the golf will be delayed tomorrow AM....Ma Nature putting on a snow. I tell you she conspires with Murphy. The weather is supposed to fair up in a few days. They will get some nice for the tournament.

Today... we are having a wind event before the snow overnight... Oughta be fun going to get the wife at 4. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, grasshopper said:

They will get some nice for the tournament.

Tournament is over in Phoenix.  I was talking about you heading outside on your 18-hole course with that weed whip of yours.  Just about time to get that golf swing of yours dialed in.  lol

Don't know where this cardinal hangs out here in the hood but he finally got me last summer.  One of the neighbors asked if I'd had any visitors who tapped on the front window and were gone when I answered the door.  Told her nope and she laffed. 

Couple weeks later she was out walking the oval and I told her I just had it happen the day before.  She started to laff harder then said it was a cardinal flying around outside and pecking on front windows all the time.  Pecking at his reflection in the windows I guess.  Only in Duckburg.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

This was Sasquatch or “Sassy” for short.

She was one of the ambassador animals at the wildlife rehab center we had at my old job.

She lived with the director of the center and rode around with her all the time almost like a pirate with a parrot.

She would sit quietly like this in the office and people would think she was stuffed until they would catch her blinking or when she would occasionally stretch her wings.

58C22E36-889A-45C7-BE54-D89892F87F3C.thumb.jpeg.fa406cdf79e631052dc1bd39bc84bd5f.jpeg

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Dave1291 said:

Couple weeks later she was out walking the oval and I told her I just had it happen the day before.  She started to laff harder then said it was a cardinal flying around outside and pecking on front windows all the time.  Pecking at his reflection in the windows I guess.  Only in Duckburg.  

they get tanked on fermented berries and tend to do stupid things.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Dave1291 said:

Don't ask me why I went Krogering this afternoon.  Empty fridge I guess.  Sure glad my pacer doesn't have a defib in it.  $163.21 and didn't even get a kiss from the chickie on the register.  FML     😂

Well everybody gets it in the end Dave...kiss or not. You may have to ask with your cheek forward and then...smack, right on the kisser.

Cool...

• Haha 2

If one has ever heard a pack of Coyotes in the woods playing or not, it is definitely a chilling 

event. Down here, they can strip a whitetail posthaste. Crafty and intelligent until, get too close to a wolf kill.

• Like 4