Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Hope that UPS ape loses his job!  

Beautiful afternoon here.   Long bike ride and my butt is finally adapting.  Bought Jake a really large bone and didn't know what he did with it.  Suspected he buried it in the flower garden so I kicked around for  while and when I got close Jake gave away the location.  Dug it up and washed it off for him.  He is working on it now.  Happy spring!

• Like 5

UPS dude needs a rise for attitude. Do not look Chuck... :(

Smart dog Jake...saving for a rainy day... :)

Now off with Nan to deposit her at her sister's 50 miles away.

Her hubby is out of alcohol so bringing him some diet beer...Miller Lite.

Back later this PM.

• Like 3

Will be interested to hear your impression of the Oppo... :)

Not you but the player...Yes, UPS...oh well football season is over... :)

Will do. The good thing about Oppo-95 and some of the more recent models is they seem to hold re-sale value pretty well. If we don't like it and the UPS gorillas don't get it, we shouldn't have a problem passing it along. We'll see!!

I marked it special handling, fragile just for you.

Arrrrgggggggghhh!!! Damn, that's awful. Seriously, we got it today and it looks fine. Short on time and just haven't put it in the system yet. Seller did what appears to be a really good packing job. Functionality remains to be tested, but like I said, we'll see. Later folks.

• Like 4

Cloudy and cooler but that is suppose to change around lunch time.

LF playing tennis.  It's either some yard work or a bike ride.  I could pick on the guitar a little.

How does the Oppo sound Chuck?

Liking North Carolina Joe?

Feeling better dtel?

Rain Mark?  Thought you folks were having a dry spell.

Cheers :emotion-44: Gents

• Like 3

Mornin' guys. Ran out of time yesterday but will be putting the Oppo 95  into the 2 ch system today. Will give an update. Sorta feel guilty just using it as a cdp but I'll get over it. We have a 103 in the HT system.

Pretty day out here. Should be sunny and in the 70's which is well above average. There are probably a couple of good dog walks on the agenda. Baxter keeps us under surveillance and goes nuts if we even get near his leash.

Will try to check in later and, of course, cheers to all.

• Like 3

Cloudy and cooler but that is suppose to change around lunch time.

LF playing tennis.  It's either some yard work or a bike ride.  I could pick on the guitar a little.

How does the Oppo sound Chuck?

Liking North Carolina Joe?

Feeling better dtel?

Rain Mark?  Thought you folks were having a dry spell.

Drizzle, yeah, here they call it a "Chance of Rain"

• Like 3

Coffee, Break, lawn done.

Pool is next,  then the boat.

Last two weeks, no drinkin ;) 

Either ReCert classes, AP class, or Flyin almost every dam day.

So it's the Wagon for me at least till mid April.

Another Pot of the Dickinsons Blend is-a-Brewin. 

• Like 7

Good Sunday morning my friends..... Just had to share this fresh photo showing a NEW to us coffee... We use filters made by this brand, so while shopping yesterday, I decided to give their darkest roast a try.... VERY good after the first few sips mmmmmm ;0)image.jpg1_134.jpg

• Like 5

Nice photo Gary!

Coffee done.  A dreary day here so I think I'll do a guitar lesson via youtube.  Not making much progress with that I'm afraid.

May take Jake in for a much needed bath at the do it yourself spa.

Cooking another chuck roast this afternoon.

• Like 4

Morning Gang

I see by the High thin Clouds, our 29% chance if Drizzle is building :mellow:

Boat work for the day, see if i can con the wife into waffles.

Looks like Earl is waiting on yet another DAC unit.

Tarheel is just enjoying life.

Tiger is drinking better Coffee than im am at the moment.

My Dickinsons Blend has been jacked to 14 bucks a pound, so exploring of "New" coffee is in order here.

post-57941-0-35560000-1427035031_thumb.j

• Like 5

Nice photo Gary!

Coffee done.  A dreary day here so I think I'll do a guitar lesson via youtube.  Not making much progress with that I'm afraid.

May take Jake in for a much needed bath at the do it yourself spa.

Cooking another chuck roast this afternoon.

Huh?? Chuck roast!!?? :o

• Like 3

Mornin folks. Good day yesterday. Put the Oppo into the 2 ch system. Sounds very good and is definitely an upgrade from the Marantz CD5003, which now goes to the girl cave. (My better half's stained glass studio). Much more clarity and detail, maybe not as warm but that's ok.

Hey Chuck, Jake thinks he smells just fine.

Mark, congrats for staying on the wagon. Been on the 'wagon' almost 20 years myself.

Gonna hickory smoke some ribs today. Mmmm. Later guys ...........

• Like 4

Mornin folks. Good day yesterday. Put the Oppo into the 2 ch system. Sounds very good and is definitely an upgrade from the Marantz CD5003, which now goes to the girl cave. (My better half's stained glass studio). Much more clarity and detail, maybe not as warm but that's ok.

Hey Chuck, Jake thinks he smells just fine.

Mark, congrats for staying on the wagon. Been on the 'wagon' almost 20 years myself.

Gonna hickory smoke some ribs today. Mmmm. Later guys ...........

"Mark, congrats for staying on the wagon. Been on the 'wagon' almost 20 years myself."

Well iv been doing this on and off when needed, for well over 30 years, Flight Dominates my life, everything else takes a back seat. never been a problem setting down the bottle(s) for a few weeks or month as needed.

I do like spending the night or two for a flyin, that way i find a great local pub :emotion-21:

• Like 5

Morning folks, its been a long week.  Sounds like you all have been busy. Tarheel stay busy my friend, my grandma says that's what keeps you from getting old.  Mark how far do those little planes make it on a tank of fuel, feel free to fly over this way.   Tiger thanks for the photos, I like a rich dark coffee myself. Sounds like Cecaa has knocked out another sub, I all ways love to watch his builds.  Between school, kids, and getting ready for the camping season I haven't had much time to set down and chat. If you all remember a little while back I was looking for a camper.  Well I found one this weekend.  My wife was emailing some dealers looking for a something in our price range.  Friday morning she received an email from one about an hour away.  So yesterday morning we all got up early and headed out.  We arrived at the dealer ship right as they opened.  Its a 94 prowler, when I got there, there was some damage that I didn't see in the picks.  So I talked them down a couple hundred on their asking price.  Waited for my buddy to show up to haul it for me.  I now have a 30' fifth wheel camper in my driveway,  which I all ready repaired the damage.  Now you may ask, why I purchased a camper I couldn't pull.  We are getting a lot down on a lot where the camper will stay.  We will build a deck around it, and get some 4 wheelers and spend most of our weekends down there.  So if you guys don't hear from me you know where I am at, I will try to pop in periodically to let you know my wife didn't off me.  Well guys continue to enjoy life, it is great :D .

• Like 4

Morning folks, its been a long week.  Sounds like you all have been busy. Tarheel stay busy my friend, my grandma says that's what keeps you from getting old.  Mark how far do those little planes make it on a tank of fuel, feel free to fly over this way.   Tiger thanks for the photos, I like a rich dark coffee myself. Sounds like Cecaa has knocked out another sub, I all ways love to watch his builds.  Between school, kids, and getting ready for the camping season I haven't had much time to set down and chat. If you all remember a little while back I was looking for a camper.  Well I found one this weekend.  My wife was emailing some dealers looking for a something in our price range.  Friday morning she received an email from one about an hour away.  So yesterday morning we all got up early and headed out.  We arrived at the dealer ship right as they opened.  Its a 94 prowler, when I got there, there was some damage that I didn't see in the picks.  So I talked them down a couple hundred on their asking price.  Waited for my buddy to show up to haul it for me.  I now have a 30' fifth wheel camper in my driveway,  which I all ready repaired the damage.  Now you may ask, why I purchased a camper I couldn't pull.  We are getting a lot down on a lot where the camper will stay.  We will build a deck around it, and get some 4 wheelers and spend most of our weekends down there.  So if you guys don't hear from me you know where I am at, I will try to pop in periodically to let you know my wife didn't off me.  Well guys continue to enjoy life, it is great :D .

The Farmers dusters that i fly all the time can go for a couple hundred w/no load.

My Cessna 185Sp can go anywhere your willing to pay for fuel and airpark fees. Avgas current pricing is ballpark $7 bucks a gal.

• Like 3

Morning all.

Still enjoying the Monsoon beans Jim sent.  They're pretty much different tasting than any other bean I can recollect and very good.  Just got home from church and the grocery store.  Currently waiting on my son to come over so he can help me turn the subwoofer so I can finish wiring the new driver.  The wait is killing me.

Yesterday it pretty much rained non stop from the time I got up till the time we went to bed.  Water was everywhere.  Looks like a slight, well needed reprieve in store for today.

Have a great rest of your weekend guys.

• Like 5