Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Ahhhhhh. Frog Tape, LOVE this stuff..... There is a component IN the adhesive that reacts with the water in latex paint and actually swells up to keep any paint from getting under the tape surface, there for, a very sharp tape line can be had....

The whole of Music Hall (my 2 ch. venue) and all the window, door casings and most critically, the lower wall to TILE moldings painting turned out wonderfully...

Here it is in picture.......image.jpg1_137.jpg

• Like 3

Just found the video, that's crazy but cool, I would guess the farmers will be shocked. I wasn't expecting it to pop up from under the light, well done, look's good. :emotion-21:

You could be dangerous with a little time on your hands, reminds me of a old tv show.

Your closer than you know, Create/Adapt/Use what you have on hand.

Likely comes from mining in the desert w/dad @8 years old.

By the time i was 10 as i remember, i was pizzing off scoutmasters, however most of my scout friends ALWAYS invited me for their camping outings. 

Someday i'll pull down my Totebox's and take a few pic's of some of my 40+ year stash of electro/mech goodies.

dtel, last year you made a comment as to my Cave overhead storage system, remember that? well what do you think is in those totes?.......goodies :ph34r: 

• Like 4

Morning gang

If i get up before the wife i can beef up the Java content :emotion-21:

80+ today, boat tweak here and there, crankin tunes in the Boat all day.

First cup is tasting great :emotion-44:

Come next week, i really need to find a "New Bean" The Dickinsons Blend is up to $14+ bucks a pound.

• Like 6

• Moderators
dtel, last year you made a comment as to my Cave overhead storage system, remember that? well what do you think is in those totes?.......goodies

I do remember that because my neighbor done the same thing (kind of) in his metal building and I thought it was smart to get the storage off the floor and out the way.

• Like 2

dtel, last year you made a comment as to my Cave overhead storage system, remember that? well what do you think is in those totes?.......goodies

I do remember that because my neighbor done the same thing (kind of) in his metal building and I thought it was smart to get the storage off the floor and out the way.

Yeah, but expensive.

I knew i should use 3/4 ply, and thank god i did. when i think of the weight im sitting under!!

• Like 3

I thought it was smart to get the storage off the floor and out the way.

Yeah but, I have it floor to ceiling.

Im glad i did it this way and will do it in a heart beat from now on, it's well worth the expense.

On another Note: A 6' Ladder is now my best friend  :wacko: 

• Like 4

Nice weather here after the rain has gone...37-40 degrees in the area this AM.Of couse, not going to plant crops before Good Friday, like the old school knew.At least around here. Will dress right for this working weekend.

Enjoy your coffee and your cables :)

• Like 3

A 6' Ladder is now my best friend 

nothing like a cup of hot coffee while sitting atop a ladder.  enjoy this spring weather Mark--been quite warm down here, which is fine except when i need to go somewhere and millions of people are hitting the beach.  traffic jam on PCH last night enroute dinner…fortunately i know my way around here very well and was able to detour.

Edited by BigStewMan
  • Like 1

Im glad i did it this way

Don't take me wrong. I have way too much junk to even consider your way LOL! :wacko:

Moving in this current homestead 6 years ago, i filled the wifes double car garage, and i mean filled.

40+ years collection of "Stuff", so moving in sept, by thanksgiving i had three stacks, Trash,Ebay, and Keep.

Threw out the junk/trash, made $2700 bucks on the Bay, and the rest is in the overhead.

Best idea iv ever had, you just need not be afraid to throw it out. Drinking wile sorting helps.

By the way, overhead, i have two FULL totes of Cables  :o 

• Like 7

A 6' Ladder is now my best friend 

nothing like a cup of hot coffee while sitting atop a ladder.  enjoy this spring weather Mark--been quite warm down here, which is fine except when i need to go somewhere and millions of people are hitting the beach.  traffic jam on PCH last night enroute dinner…fortunately i know my way around here very well and was able to detour.

Good, i like my exwife(s) to sweat under a blanket of Smog :emotion-21:

• Like 4

Sanitation engineer just brought us a new trashcan, extra heavy duty. The catflap had come off of the top.I will be bending an elbow the next time we do a Goodwill run or to the trash. Will have to watch how much I drink cause don't want to become too sentimental.

Getting so sentimental nowadays until hard to part with a gum wrapper... :)

• Like 5

Sanitation engineer just brought us a new trashcan, extra heavy duty. The catflap had come off of the top.I will be bending an elbow the next time we do a Goodwill run or to the trash. Will have to watch how much I drink cause don't want to become too sentimental.

Getting so sentimental nowadays until hard to part with a gum wrapper... :)

And on this final note of spring cleaning:

Dont think for a second im not missing some stuff, i say to myself during a project, "i know iv seen that dam thing somewhere"!

Then the thought kicks in, of course iv seen it, iv seen it for 40 years, but then i realize i tossed it.

(happens about once a month)!

Have a great day gang, finish coffee and off to the "Depot" :)

Edited by minermark
  • Like 6

Good Saturday morning / afternoon everyone.......................... :emotion-44:  :emotion-44: 

Nice conversation about storages and parting with keepsakes and such............The gum wrapper thing does hold true here in some ways...   Like wise Mark,  our 2.5 car garage is FULL...  Storage AND my boy toys plus house hold items..............sheesh, time to hit the 'bay' with some sales !

I took some photos this morning of some coffee 'work' in the kitchen, and I will post later to the group.  You may find it interesting.....it is a bit on topic :wink: 

Around for the day.............it is snowing on and off !!   Will it ever end ??

Enjoy....

................Gary

• Like 5

Good afternoon guys. Busy a.m. and missed the opening session. It's now "Diet Coke and Cables" for me anyway, Among other things, lined up a guy to install new outdoor carpet under our covered patio. Old stuff was a disgrace and had to be replaced before the neighbors started some kind of petition.

Gary, hope you're having fun with your new Cambridge toy. I just passed on some new gear with property taxes, trips, etc., coming up. Buying the new to me Oppo also took the wind out of the old sails for spending any more. We retirees are already eating kibble, right?

Later friends, and of course Cheers.

• Like 5

Just a gorgeous day here, mid 80's, sunny and breezy.

mxrdad came over this morning and we loaded up the sub I built for him.  After a little over an hour drive, we were bringing his refrigerator sized sub in the house.  Took about an hour to get everything hooked up and calibrated.  I think he liked it. I wouldn't be bit surprised if he ended up at the Dr's office next week for some botox to get the smile off his face.

• Like 4

• Moderators

Im glad i did it this way

Don't take me wrong. I have way too much junk to even consider your way LOL! :wacko:

As my late father-in-law would say, "it's not junk, it's commodities".  

• Like 3

Good evening gang

Finely sitting down after much work, detail of the small stuff on the Boat.

Two trips to my $50 dollar store, (the Depot)

I will be making another Video of the Panic Button, and this one will describe and show the works.

Ordered the Vinyl for the Dash rear cover 9 days ago, still not here, tracking states it's finely in the state.

Came out of Florida, UPS shipped :wacko:

Cold Coffee and Brownie Bites is the order of the evening :emotion-21:

• Like 6