Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Let me ask.  Do you think 3, 2 hour long practices is a lot for an 8/9 year old for baseball. 

Hell yeah.

Seems excessive to me, too, both for the kids and the parents. I'm way past having a kid in that age group but we have some younger friends whose kids finally asked to stop playing ball due to the long practices and multiple games every week. Most kids are not gonna make MLB and, for them, the game should be fun, not a grueling task.

• Like 4

Less than 1% of even college baseball players eventually play in MLB so this isn't about that at all.

For us It's about:

1st, having fun in organized sports

2nd, actually getting off his or her a$$ and using the most amazing machine you will ever own.

3rd, how to accomplish goals with teamwork, etc.

4th, the fellowship with other kids same age

• Like 3

One thing appears certain about play and being able to have fun, according to studies. Kids who are allowed to play and have fun interacting with other youth are far more able to cope and get along with others much better than kids being pushed and bird dogged all of the time to please parents.

Seems baseball and other sports allow kids to excel having experienced life challenges.

Just keep the level to competitive fun.

• Like 4

It should have been, "Don't you think 3, 2 hour long practices are a lot for an 8/9 year olds parent".

Great now you put me in the @$$ hole parent class, but you are right.  I do know its inconsiderate of me to not put my kids first.   Please don't do that, my kids are my life. 

For the record I am not a competitive person, so this is hard for me to wrap my head around. I never got the private leagues, I feel if you are the less than 1 percent that play MLB that you probably have a natural talent.  Not saying the kids that work hard aren't the ones that make it, just that its probably a little easier for the natural one.

Less than 1% of even college baseball players eventually play in MLB so this isn't about that at all. For us It's about: 1st, having fun in organized sports 2nd, actually getting off his or her a$$ and using the most amazing machine you will ever own. 3rd, how to accomplish goals with teamwork, etc. 4th, the fellowship with other kids same age

I agree with all of that, however I don't know what the most amazing machine is.

I'm way past having a kid in that age group but we have some younger friends whose kids finally asked to stop playing ball due to the long practices and multiple games every week

That's one of my fears, he is all ready up set about the long practices.  Plus his attention span is very short, so when he gets stuck in the out field and stands there for almost 2 hours waiting for kids to hit to him.  He starts to dance and waste everyone's time.  Now you could say why have him sign up for the sport then.  Why? because he wants to play, and I don't think playing baseball at that age should be a chore. It should be fun(it is a rec league),  I guess I can't have them cater to ever kid.  Well for now I have decided to let it go, and just wanted to see other points of view.  From this I can tell there are 2 sides which I respect both. 

Good discussions, and great views from both sides. I am sure he will have fun and look forward to the games.  

• Like 6

Great now you put me in the @$$ hole parent class, but you are right. I do know its inconsiderate of me to not put my kids first. Please don't do that, my kids are my life.

Not even close to my intent, I'm sorry if it came across that way.

Having children that age in organized activities coupled with school is absolutely exhausting for a parent.  My oldest 2 were into everything.  I either coached or was an assistant for years.  My wife was in, and sometimes headed, the ballet guild.  It's a tremendous stress on your time AND pocket book.

• Like 4

Not even close to my intent, I'm sorry if it came across that way

It wasn't really taken that way, please don't feel that you offended me. 

Thanks, I'd rather be safe than sorry.  There's so many around here with thin skin that sometimes I don't know what to think.  Others have no sense of humor whatsoever.  I don't consider you in either category BTW.

Edited by CECAA850
  • Like 4

Not even close to my intent, I'm sorry if it came across that way

It wasn't really taken that way, please don't feel that you offended me. 

Thanks, I'd rather be safe than sorry.  There's so many around here with thin skin that sometimes I don't know what to think.  Others have no sense of humor whatsoever.  I don't consider you in either category BTW.

THIN SKINNED ?

I take a Nap and wake up to getting talked about yet again !

Why i never.........

:emotion-21: April Fools :emotion-21:

• Like 4

• Moderators

Neither of you guys are in the thin skinned no sense of humor club either B)

Well "Crap on Cracker", i am DePreSSed,        im going to go finish the Boat.

That's fine just whatever you do DO NOT water your lawn, there laws out there about that kind of thing. :(

And if you wash the boat make sure no one see's it happing.

Edited by dtel
  • Like 2

That's fine just whatever you do DO NOT water your lawn, there laws out there about that kind of thing. And if you wash the boat make sure no one see's it happing.
Wash a boat?  We're supposed to go to Oregon just to take a shower!  I just soap up and jump in the good ol Pacific.
  • Like 5

chugging pots of hot coffee (to toughen us up).

Unless you have the latest ketchup flavored coffee, you may need some of ketchup mouthwash after chugging those pots of hot coffee.

Listerine Ketchup Mouthwash

LSTRN020110331ktc73v0hp

Press Release

205 Words

1 April 2015

English

Copyright 2015 Ketchup Communications Limited

Listerine Ketchup Mouthwash

Listerine Ketchup Mouthwash is the newest addition to our line of products. It tastes like KETCHUP, while still killing 99.9% of bad breath germs. And, it keeps your breath ketchupy fresh 5 times longer than brushing alone.

Type: Listerine mouthwashes

Flavor: KETCHUP

Ketchup flavor Listerine mouthwash 1.jpg

FAQ

Does Listerine Ketchup make my breath smell like ketchup?

Yes. Listerine Ketchup tastes like ketchup while you swish and leaves your breath smelling like freshly-made ketchup fresh 5 times longer than brushing alone.

Is Listerine Ketchup a sufficient replacement for my breakfast?

Yes. Listerine Ketchup contains zero nutritional value and does not serve as an acceptable substitute for food; however, it can be used as a substitute for a meal whenever the urge strikes to have ketchup.

tomato picture-2525.jpg

Should I use Listerine Ketchup before or after breakfast?

Both. We recommend using Listerine Ketchup before, during and after every meal.

Does Listerine Ketchup contain real tomatoes?

Yes. We have our own tomato farm where we grow special tomatoes for the making of Listerine Ketchup. The ketchup taste you’ll find in Listerine ketchup is a perfectly healthy flavoring.

tomato trellis pic 1.jpg

How is Listerine Ketchup made?

Tomato ketchup is infused in the unflavored mouthwash formula at a specific time in the manufacturing process.

Edited by Fjd
  • Like 7

That’s great … love it.

I’ve met people that get upset at my ketchup use on food they’ve prepared.  They say it’s an insult.  I tell them it’s the opposite -- it’s a compliment because i’m not gonna waste perfectly good ketchup on crappy food.

• Like 6