Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Rhino paper installed on stripped roof.  Should see some shingles today.  May take a day longer than planned but LF is taking good care of me and Jake.  She has a burr grinder and a french press :) and a steak bone for Jake.  Lamb chops on the Green Egg and decided to grill some Fugi apples.  Sliced them thin, added brown sugar, cinnamon, and walnuts.....cooked on the grill in metal dishes for about 20 minutes.  Topped with butter pecan ice cream :D  

Pollen count is pretty high and climbing.  70s with a little breeze.  LF playing tennis....may ride my bike up to watch her for a bit.

Cheers :emotion-44: Gents

• Like 6

Happy Wednesday, guys. 70's today and 2 to 5 inches of snow sometime tomorrow. Ahhh ...spring/winter in the Rockies. Gonna get a little outdoor painting done around the patio today and get out the snow shovel for tomorrow.

Hey Chuck ... Jake tells me he's got a better deal at LF's house and that he may be up for the highest bidder!! Better up the ante.

Cheers.................

• Like 5

Good early morning from the distant northwest! On cup two today as our five month old has just popped his second tooth and he decided to let us know about at 4am. I usually can't go back to sleep if I wake up - so - book, forum & coffee time! Spent last week at an all inclusive in Riviera Maya Mexico. Very kid friendly, very good week of sun, sleep and snorkeling!

Back at it this week! Still gaining 5 1/2,min or so of daylight per day. It's stayin pretty light out pretty late. Another random note, our state legislature is kicking around parting with daylight savings time. Passed the house, now needs senate approval. I wonder if that could be a domino thing for the country as I don't know how necessary it is anymore... Discuss. ;-)

• Like 5

Another random note, our state legislature is kicking around parting with daylight savings time. Passed the house, now needs senate approval. I wonder if that could be a domino thing for the country as I don't know how necessary it is anymore... Discuss. ;-)

I'm ALL for it.  It's a stupid archaic concept who's time has passed.

• Like 5

Sliced them thin, added brown sugar, cinnamon, and walnuts.....cooked on the grill in metal dishes for about 20 minutes. Topped with butter pecan ice cream

If by chance you had taken a picture of that, I would like to see it.  That sounds good.

• Like 4

A good Wednesday to all....... OK I'll say it..........HUMP dayyyy...Coffee all done, I'm at the the shop and again the wife is home sick. My one daughter had a temp of 103 so she is sick. I might spend the rest of the week at the shop till all gets better. I can not get sick.

Not much going on...just trying to get the shop cleaned up this year, I'm getting rid of alot of junk that I have. I'm like a pac-rat, I keep all kinds of stuff. but it's time to cut it loose.

Yea I can't wait for the weather to break and get warm, I ready for some "grillin" , Chuck you got me thinking about that salmon mmmmm. I remember when I lived in Seattle it was the 1st time I had salmon on the grill man that was some good eats. and I can eat me some crawdads too. Man I'm ready for lunch.....Oh parts just got here, gotta get back to work. 

Wishing all a good......HUMP dayyyy...

MKP ;-)

• Like 5

Starbucks Listens to Customer Request for More Sizes

Wednesday, April 01, 2015

Associated Press

Customers to order the Plenta™ and Micra™ in stores in the U.S. and Canada this Fall

Starbucks 1.jpg

SEATTLE, April 1, 2015 –Starbucks announced today the introduction of two new beverage sizes in stores in the U. S. and Canada this Fall. The announcement follows a year of research and direct customer feedback through MyStarbucksIdea.com requesting even more choice in beverage size.

“Whether customers are looking for a large or small size, the Plenta and the Micra satisfy all U.S. and Canada customers’ needs for more and less coffee,” said Hugh Mungis, Starbucks VP of Volume. “Our size selection is now plentiful.”

Starbucks 2.jpg

Plenta™ (128 fl oz) and Micra™ (2 fl oz) cups arrive in Starbucks stores this Fall. Derived from Italian word for plentiful or small, the Plenta™ delivers coffee lovers record amounts of the world’s finest coffee beverages while the Micra™ delivers a quick and satisfying morsel of goodness.

Recognizing the potential impact the Plenta™ presents for municipal waste collection, Starbucks is also suggesting several subsequent uses for the Plenta™ cup post coffee enjoyment. Suggested usage options include popcorn receptacle, rain hat, perennial planter, lampshade or yoga block. The Micra also serves as a convenient milk dish for kittens, soft boiled egg cup or paper clip holder.

Starbucks 3.jpg

HAPPY APRIL FOOL'S DAY EVERYONE!!!

Edited by Fjd
  • Like 6

Morning gang

Winding things down in this state.

Maybe smog the Dodge today, Ca gift to me EVERY year, pay $50 to have someone tell me it's fine :o

Costco run :emotion-21:

Install some carpet panels on the completed Boat, come to think of it, i better make that other Video on how it works.

Happy hump day all.   

• Like 5

• Moderators
Rhino paper installed on stripped roof. Should see some shingles today.

Hope they do a great job.

It might be a good idea to see if the local rental companies have one of those bar magnets for rent. There about 2 foot or more wide but skinny and strong, you or Jake don't want to find nails the hard way over the next year. No matter how careful the roofers are a few will get loose guaranteed.

It's no surprise at all the LF is taking care of you and Jake, but it sounds like more than taking care of both of you, she's spoiling you two. :)

• Like 4

Good Wednesday morning gentlemen (and I do use that term loosely).  All is well in the humidity capital of south east TX.  I just found out yesterday that I'm going to a crawfish boil on Sunday so I suppose things are looking up.  The week is nearing halfway gone so that's a plus as well.

Ahhh crawfish! ...memories of when I was age 12... some creek near the Buffalo river in Arkansas... dropping one down the back of some kid's shorts (he had it coming as I recall).  I don't remember his name but the look on his face was priceless.  He had a bit of a delayed reaction... until it grabbed hold!  

• Like 3

• Moderators

Reminds me of a camping trip a long time ago in Arkansas, I asked a local where we could get some crawfish to boil, after looking at me strange he said "the bait store". :o

Edited by dtel

Right billybob....contractor has a large roller magnet and promises a clean site.  Must say they have been very professional thus far.  Told them I inspected houses for 19 years so that may have helped.  Did some research on roof ventilation and though advice varies I opted to add ridge vents and leave the gable end vents open.  Did remove a power vent.

Back from "The Grand Lanai" at LF's club/pool complex.  Only ones there......working on our tans :)

• Like 4

Right billybob....contractor has a large roller magnet and promises a clean site.  Must say they have been very professional thus far.  Told them I inspected houses for 19 years so that may have helped.  Did some research on roof ventilation and though advice varies I opted to add ridge vents and leave the gable end vents open.  Did remove a power vent.

Back from "The Grand Lanai" at LF's club/pool complex.  Only ones there......working on our tans :)

That is excellent! Have been reading here and must say, the way to go with the ventilations and women.

Enjoy a good contractor. Glad to hear your decision is correct...maybe lol :)

e-Just kidding

Edited by billybob
  • Like 5

I don't know. Youth athletics depend on "Daylights Savings Time". It had to help when you were involved with soccer Carl, right?

Good question.  Soccer here is mostly in the summer months when the days are longer.  All our fields were lit as well for evening practice so I'm not sure how much we'd be affected.  Games were Saturday and Sunday mornings so no issue there.

• Like 1

I don't know. Youth athletics depend on "Daylights Savings Time". It had to help when you were involved with soccer Carl, right?

Good question. Soccer here is mostly in the summer months when the days are longer. All our fields were lit as well for evening practice so I'm not sure how much we'd be affected. Games were Saturday and Sunday mornings so no issue there.

I wish all of our games were in the morning. That way I can have time to get things done in the evening.
  • Like 3