Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators

I COMPLEATLY understand why old people don't have kids. :blink2: 

Our youngest daughter and her husband are both in school, he was in a bad car accident ( being a dumbass) and being somewhat unable to take care of himself or the 2 yo we have the 2 yo for a couple three weeks. This way it allows them to both continue with school (it's not a choice).

It's great to watch the grandkids, but good god a 2 yo at our age 57 is ALOT to deal with, I am hoping to make it to the end of this deal without making the news ! :o  :mellow: 

Is it really wrong to duct tape a kid to the wall for a few hours ?   :ph34r: 

• Like 5

I COMPLEATLY understand why old people don't have kids. :blink2: 

Our youngest daughter and her husband are both in school, he was in a bad car accident ( being a dumbass) and being somewhat unable to take care of himself or the 2 yo we have the 2 yo for a couple three weeks. This way it allows them to both continue with school (it's not a choice).

It's great to watch the grandkids, but good god a 2 yo at our age 57 is ALOT to deal with, I am hoping to make it to the end of this deal without making the news ! :o  :mellow: 

Is it really wrong to duct tape a kid to the wall for a few hours ?   :ph34r: 

Blue painters tape, give the kid a chance :ph34r:

• Like 5

Good morning group....  and TGIF ................. :emotion-44:

Mark, your liquor delivery system is very cool !   Is there a 'worm' gear type drive system used ?    Now, how about the on board (hidden) wine cellar for us vino lovers   :wink:  ...? 

Enjoy your day everyone.............have a brand new bit of gear going into the 2 ch. system tonight..  Happily, we have a high end audio dealer in town and they had them in stock....   Will unveil tonight over in RTM...   (hint: made by Cambridge Audio of England)...  :smile:

........Gary

• Like 6

Good morning group....  and TGIF ................. :emotion-44:

Mark, your liquor delivery system is very cool !   Is there a 'worm' gear type drive system used ?    Now, how about the on board (hidden) wine cellar for us vino lovers   :wink:  ...? 

Enjoy your day everyone.............have a brand new bit of gear going into the 2 ch. system tonight..  Happily, we have a high end audio dealer in town and they had them in stock....   Will unveil tonight over in RTM...   (hint: made by Cambridge Audio of England)...  :smile:

........Gary

I figure as best i can remember, 40+ years ago i liked seeing things move with the push of a button.

When i started building things, my first stop was a junk yard where i would gut the drive system of "Power Seats" just to get my hands on the Mechanics.

Back then i was giving Business owners a way to open Skylights (the Big Ones) 4'X8'.

Linear Actuators were expensive and reserved for big dish movers.

These days im like a kid in a candy store, this is what the "Bay" does for me.

post-57941-0-82880000-1427458169_thumb.j

• Like 6

Happy Friday gang. Yesterday was sort of a blur of activity and I missed ya'll. Part of it was finally finishing my paint project on the big a** shed in the back of our place. A previous owner thought it would be cute to make it look just like the house with all of the little bitty trim crap, colors, etc. Oh well, it's done and looks pretty decent. Everything takes me 4x longer than it used to, it seems.

dtel .... I feel your pain. We have a 3 yo grandson who NEVER stops unless he's asleep. Old folks just aren't made to keep up with 'em. And ...we have another one on the way. Just have to gut it out for a few more years. Blue painter's tape will not be sufficient to slow them down.

Gary ... curious to see what ya got from Cambridge.

Later ....

• Like 3

Good Evening gang

The Boat project is pretty much done.

And as promised a few weeks back, i have made my "First" youtube video of my Panic button install.

Let me know your thoughts :D

https://youtu.be/HGFfFegEmLY

My thoughts are as, JB might say: Top Notch!I like the popup with the slow entrance onto the stage on a pedestal. Your buds are going to get a real hoot out of that and rightly so Mark. :) Damn good looking job!

Makes me a bit thirsty though :)

Edit: Listened to the audio alert...yes it works very well... :)

Edited by billybob
  • Like 3

• Moderators

Just found the video, that's crazy but cool, I would guess the farmers will be shocked. I wasn't expecting it to pop up from under the light, well done, look's good. :emotion-21:

You could be dangerous with a little time on your hands, reminds me of a old tv show.

post-9700-0-20160000-1427471353_thumb.jp

Edited by dtel
  • Like 4

• Moderators
Blue painter's tape will not be sufficient to slow them down.

True, you need the good stuff to even slow them down a little, it's nonstop. They demand attention, or else your going to be sorry, they play and drag out everything with an attention span of about 5 seconds. :mellow:

• Like 2

Blue painter's tape will not be sufficient to slow them down.

True, you need the good stuff to even slow them down a little, it's nonstop. They demand attention, or else your going to be sorry, they play and drag out everything with an attention span of about 5 seconds. :mellow:

I'll jump off topic here as painters tape has been mentioned.  I'm constantly remodeling the inside of our house.  It's constant since I'm so excruciatingly slow.  It's taken me over 2 years to do 3 bedrooms and one bathroom but I digress.  I've used blue painters tape in the past for masking and cutting in trim.  On my last project I decided to use the green "Frogtape".  Man, I'll never use anything else.  The lines were so much sharper than the blue tape it wasn't funny.  It's noticeably better.  Just wanted to pass that along.

• Like 3

• Moderators

Never seen Frogtape before, need to check that out.

More OT

Been using a lot of blue painters tape but not for paint lines, just for masking off where I don't want overspray. It's used for where the stencil vinyl leaves off, mainly because it's cheap. Stencil vinyl is cool, the machine cuts it to any design or font and it does great at sticking and then peeling off.

Been also doing some glass etching with it, use the vinyl cutter to make a stencil, put it on the glass and sandblast, peel off the vinyl and your done, here's and example (my glass). :D  That's the short version at least, it's more time consuming than it sounds.

post-9700-0-22040000-1427482544_thumb.jp

Edited by dtel
  • Like 8

Good evening everyone....... Here is the photo that says it all for this forum! Picked up some nice Monster Interlink 400 MK 2 cables for my new gear tonight along with some very nice Italian roast from Starbucks ....... Whole Bean of course, and grinding will begin in the morning within the Bur machine (0;

Enjoy......image.jpg1_136.jpg

• Like 7