Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Need to pick up some wood chips for smoking.

I would skip the chips and go with chunks, the chips just flame up after a certain temp and there gone.

Try out the new smoker, if you can't keep it around 225 forget smoking and just call it a grill. Remember do NOT ever use the exhaust to dampen it down, you can cause some really bad chemicals to build up in the smoke, dampen with intake only of lower the gas in your case. 

Hope it works out for you.

Thanks dtel.  I guess you can also just use charcoal with this model.  We will probably only use it for larger gatherings and mostly use old faithful red when it's just my wife and I.

002_zpsxkceag3o.jpg

• Like 4

Hello coffee group..

It has been a great week so far for toy deliveries ! First, my new cables arrived as you saw.

A delivery was made today, and when I opened the box from the Rega distributor from Dallas, this is what was inside ;0)

The Rega Exact 2 cartridge for the RP-6 which replaces the original that developed an issue. Happily, covered by the warranty thank goodness, these things ain't cheap !

All for now my friends, now I must post the good news over in RTM, and I will be spinning vinyl once again starting this Saturday night

.... :0))) image.jpg2_28.jpg

• Like 7

Morning gang,

2nd cup going down, grandkids on the bus. Getting ready to roll out.

Not too much going on, just work and the same ol' crapp. I'm really ready for this weather to brake, spring tomorrow but they say we are getting some snow.........

OK gang I'll check in later......a good day to all.....

MKP :-)

• Like 2

Morning gents.  It's Thursday so my demeanor is improving slightly. 

Gary, nice cartridge (I guess??).  I'm not into vinyl like some but I can certainly appreciate new toys.  The fact that you posted a picture tells me you're excited and glad to have it.  I hope it works well for you.  I got a roll of solder in the mail yesterday for comparison.  No pics will be forthcoming.

Jeff, nice crapper.  I thought about you yesterday (NO, not in that way!).  My wife is out of town and by the flip of a coin, my daughter and I ended up at Willey Burger.  I thought about texting you a picture but didn't want to rub it in (and my hands were FULL!).

Joe, it's definitely spring here.  I had to turn the ceiling fan on over the bed last night so things are warming up.  I put chlorine tabs in the pool yesterday as the water started to cloud slightly.  During the cold months, It's not necessary as nothing grows in the cold water.

Mark, I hope your self imposed restrictions are going well.  I wish you luck.

Chuck, have you gotten that LF to give you a butt rub yet?  I know you're working that bicycle angle.

Everyone else , "Have an awesome day!"

Carl

• Like 4

An, Eve of Spring good morning gang

Everyone looks to be gearing up for a good start to Spring.

Smoker critic's are blooming, and wood chips be-a-flowin.

I know where to come for advice when my turn comes for the smokin lifestyle.

I admire those that are smelling the aroma of everything from fresh paint to smoked meat, me, day two of AvGas/Exhaust.

post-57941-0-10260000-1426770989_thumb.j

• Like 4

Hey everybody..... I've just been following the posts without much to report on this end. Rainy day in Denver metro with a bit of a chill. 2 cups down. I like the smoker pics and thinking about trying a similar model this year. Most of my smoking has been on my over sized Weber on steroids. Does a good job but a dedicated unit like that would be fun.

Waiting on the 'pre-owned' Opp BDP-95 I got in an auction. Should arrive tomorrow sometime. Will try it out as a 2 ch cdp first and then go from there.

Will try to check back in a bit. Cheers.

• Like 5

Well then we did go over to brother's camp yesterday afternoon. You never know what is on the menu but, let the specs/crappy and a nice catfish rest on ice while my brother reminisced for 6 1/2 hours only interrupted by a roast beef sandwich w/chips and iced tea, like only my sis in law could make. Nice campsite by the water with electric/facilities and a couple or 4 nice enough docks on Lake Talquin.

So, so much for that. today is removing poison ivy where I can get to the fence/posts to repair some fallen tree damage from previous time(s).

Tried wishing all of this manual labor away but,

so far no cigar.

Brewing an afternoon cup of the starbuck Sumatra and, more sunlight to go but, may drag up for the day outside...still reading your very interesting posts here. Would chime in but, you seems to be doing a fine job. :)

• Like 4