Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

TGIF gentlemen.

I sure wish I had a crew to come and gang up on my remodel.

This morning it was 70 degrees outside, felt absolutely great.  Maybe we've turned a corner as far as summer goes.  There'll be some hot days ahead but they shouldn't be as hot and last as long.

Friday night lights here tonight as well.  My youngest daughter is a senior and in the band.  We'll watch the first half of the game, then the half time show.  Once she's done, we normally head home. We're extremely proud of how well our daughter has done academically (taking college courses this year) and as a whole as she started out life with quite a few major medical issues.  Time has flown. 

• Like 9

Good morning all. Yesterday I was appointed co-chair on a OSHA safety committee for the branch. Getting up to speed on all the regulations and requirements. Luckily my wife was committee chair at her last job. She is a wealth of knowledge. Looks like a ton of paperwork to create and track. Kind of like my life with ISO2008/2015.

• Like 6

Mornin guys. Pretty easy day on tap. We do plan on meeting up with friends in Idaho Springs to night for a while.

Carl ... congrats on raising a fine daughter. We had some bumps in the road for a while, but ours graduated (finally) from college and we're expecting our second grandson in the next few days. Not sure if she'll ever really use that college degree, but at least she has it. Could not be more proud of her.

Cheers guys. Have an excellent day!

• Like 7

Carl ... congrats on raising a fine daughter. We had some bumps in the road for a while, but ours graduated (finally) from college and we're expecting our second grandson in the next few days. Not sure if she'll ever really use that college degree, but at least she has it. Could not be more proud of her.

Thanks, we have 2 daughters.  The oldest one is the first in my family to go to and graduate from a 4 year college (including my wife and myself).  No one in my immediate family (parents, grandparents) had done that.  My youngest had a blood vessel burst in her brains' ventricle when she was 19 days old and was life flighted to TX Children's hospital where she was in ICU for 45 days.  She was discharged with a bleak prognosis and has done nothing but amaze us with her life.  God has certainly had a hand in her recovery.

• Like 10

Good afternoon my friends........... :emotion-44: :emotion-44:

Still enjoying a post breakfast Melitta Dark Roast from my Pyrex unit :emotion-21:

Mark, with the lack of water, I wonder just what these farmers you mention so often actually 'farm' ?  Are they animal farmers?  Seems crops would be out of the question without irrigation huh ?

Ok, today is our final day in warm/humid western N.C.   Dad hangin' around trying to get new tires for mom's Crown Vic, (actually took off to get that done) Chris in the mix somewhere, me, sitting at the dinning table writing this and listening to some Spotify on this laptop...Gershwin from a recent Naxos release :emotion-29: :emotion-29: ....   

Ordered another classic re-release on RCA Victor from Sound Stage Direct..   This one is a 200 gram. version with care taken to get the album cover art and sound mastered,  all just so...    This from the Boston Symphony Orchestra and the famous Symphony Hall acoustics and organ back in the day.....

Got the Mariner all vacuumed up once again, and the organization of things ready to be brought out.    But, one more night of cooking, so the knives and cutting board stay out for the evening...  :smile:

All for the moment, more shortly, enjoy your Saturday everyone...

.................Gary

Yeah i had to dig back threads to last Sat to find your question. you remember asking me that a week ago eh?

I cannot remember the day before yesterday....dam man.

Anyway these farmers are Dutch, that must mean something to anyone that knows them.

10+ years i casualy had a beer with one, finely was invited to a BBQ, what was going on was they were checking me out, seeing if everyone approved of me being on the "In"side.

Meaning these guys are settlers, and have been in this state since they killed indians/Mexicans to get and keep their land.

Water rights will never be a concern, grandfathered-in big time.

Rice/Hay/Walnuts/grapes is pretty much the guys i know.

• Like 8

• Moderators
Thanks for the photos dTel........now about that over head lighting............

Fancy light fixtures, the best $2 could buy  :o This place is over 20 years old and light fixtures were originally picked out but never bought or installed. It was a party house to put it nicely. The bottom floor is 800sf and the top 600sf, not counting the wrap around porches.

I have concern about the mattress on the table, I could only imagine how you and Christy got up there and how comfortable it was maybe it wasn't for sleeping

Well we brought bedding for a double mattress so we used the one on the floor.  I would not use any of the beds without something covering them. :unsure: Way to much traffic has gone through this place, I threw one mattress out the front door and more to follow (all but one set). The tables were really strong but they were way to high to fall off of in the middle of the night, although I did have some ideas.

• Like 7

Would appreciate thoughts & prayers for my son, Jackson. He had a tube surgically implanted in his intestine earlier this year. This morning it came out, so he had to go to the ER.

Prolly going to require surgery to remove a curved part of his intestine...

Absolutely, what's his name?

• Like 6

Morning Gang

75 in the Cave, i think 90 today tops.

Farm run in a few Min, got phone calls last night from one of the farmers, bi -otching at their "Coldwater" shower(s), so i assume their electric waterheater has bit the dust.

They want me to stop by the farm market and pick up a few Turkey/Avacado Clubs on the way, yum.

I do try and avoid farm runs on fridays, last two times i get a BM shoved at me as soon as i get there, and then dont come home till Sat. Quads/booze/guns/cards, everything comes out by noon today..... :o:wacko:

• Like 8