Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Would appreciate thoughts & prayers for my son, Jackson. He had a tube surgically implanted in his intestine earlier this year. This morning it came out, so he had to go to the ER.

Prolly going to require surgery to remove a curved part of his intestine...

Prayers on the way.

• Like 8

I can't think of anything more excruciating than waiting to talk to the Dr after a surgery.  On second thought, watching your child's life flight helicopter disappear over the building tops is right up there with it.

I'll continue to pray for Jackson and his Dr's.

• Like 9

• Moderators

Sitting here drinking coffee thinking about how much grass I need to cut, I let the little dog out so he could go to the bathroom and he is not happy, the grass is up to his head. Good thing he is small (Minpin)  or I would need a bush hog and not a finishing mower. But another coffee before I start.

I have to tell everyone Best Buy sucks, I know not a big surprise. A new Tv was scheduled to be delivered a couple of days after we left, our daughter was going to let them inside to drop it off between 10am and 2, they never showed up but called later to say it would be the next day between 1 and 3. On the second day they called and said they didn't have it in the warehouse.

After the second scheduled delivery date was missed Christy called from where we were in Arkansas and was told " It's just like anywhere you buy online it's not guaranteed we have it" :o

That was all it took to get my wife going further up the line to talk to someone who could giver her an answer. Well now it "should" now be delivered on the Monday, we will see ? The last girl actually tracked down the model ordered and made sure it was going to be to the store for delivery this time, I hope she is right anyway, it will be well over 3 weeks by the time we get it and if there is another problem I would guess my wife will ask for the money back and go somewhere else.

I have to rebuild the present cabinet that goes around the old Tv which was a CRT projection to have the new Tv sit on top of, which will take a few days and I have all this grass to cut so these things gave me a little patience to put up with BB's :pwk_bs:  But they didn't know this, as far as they knew we had no Tv, not that they really care about customers problems once they get the money.

• Like 7

• Moderators

Would appreciate thoughts & prayers for my son, Jackson. He had a tube surgically implanted in his intestine earlier this year. This morning it came out, so he had to go to the ER.

Somehow I missed this

Sure will, and we hope he does great, hate to see kid have to go through things like this.

• Like 7

Been at it since 6am. Leaving early to meet up with a group of friends and heading down to The 'Bank for the Jaguars/Lions game tonight. Should be a great time with old friends..

On a lesser nice note.....crumpled the front of the Civic on my way home last night. Was turning right on a green light and the idiot in front of me comes to a complete and abrupt stop....SMACK

atleast two fenders and a hood from a buddy that owns a body shop only comes to $195...he's gonna come look at it tomorrow and give me an estimate. It has a pretty bad dent in the rear fender from a previous encounter with a concrete mailbox...and a small crease in the rear passenger door from same said mailbox....so he's gonna give me an estimate for everything...

Would have driven it to work but the trans lock out solenoid is acting up and giving me the flashing D4 issue. Have to look at it tomorrow to see if it possibly came unhooked during impact....as it's right here where the most damage was....ehh...oh well...could have been much worse

btw...the other truck didn't even have a scratch....ran right into his tow hitch

• Like 7

Bummer Jason :(

Yeah.....I was fuming when I got home....wife simply hugged and kissed me and said "it's just metal.....best thing is that you're not hurt"

put it into perspective pretty quicky

It'll be drivable once I work out the trans problem....then I'll just wait until my buddies booth opens up and let him make it new again

• Like 9

Oh yes......

Thoughts and prayers coming your way. Wishing the best for you guys....

Mark :-)

• Like 6

Bummer Jason :(

Yeah.....I was fuming when I got home....wife simply hugged and kissed me and said "it's just metal.....best thing is that you're not hurt"

put it into perspective pretty quicky

It'll be drivable once I work out the trans problem....then I'll just wait until my buddies booth opens up and let him make it new again

Yea Jason that is a bummer.....but really glad your not hurt.

Your wife is right.....it's just metal....

MKP :-)

• Like 5

Happy Friday to all us worker bees, OK retirees too.

Sancho,

Prayers going out for Jackson, much too young to have these types of medical issues.

And Carl,

I never knew your daughter had these complications. God Bless you and your family. You should feel proud and blessed.

Eric

• Like 6

Well...it's a "Hers, Mine and Ours" scenario......Susan and I grew up together (known her since Kindergarten) and dated in Jr. High. Both moved back to our hometown after both getting divorced about 6 years ago....met back up and here we are. She had two I had two and now we have six. Wouldn't trade it for the world.

Meanwhile out in crazy California........ I had a taco and beer with an old friend on Wednesday afternoon. He talked about and showed me pictures of his daughter and her 5 soon to be 6 kids. He said when they're out together someone will say something like "are all those yours?". And she of course says "Yes" And then they say something like "your destroying the earth" What a bunch of nutjobs.

• Like 6

Well...it's a "Hers, Mine and Ours" scenario......Susan and I grew up together (known her since Kindergarten) and dated in Jr. High. Both moved back to our hometown after both getting divorced about 6 years ago....met back up and here we are. She had two I had two and now we have six. Wouldn't trade it for the world.

Meanwhile out in crazy California........ I had a taco and beer with an old friend on Wednesday afternoon. He talked about and showed me pictures of his daughter and her 5 soon to be 6 kids. He said when they're out together someone will say something like "are all those yours?". And she of course says "Yes" And then they say something like "your destroying the earth" What a bunch of nutjobs.

Yeah....we get a lot of "Are you guys crazy?! Why didn't you just adopt or foster?!!"

I just smile and say "They were accidents" and walk away....first time I did it my wife about fell down laughing (btw...they were not accidents...lol)

• Like 5