Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

JL, sorry you got nabbed..... :(    I was thinking that all the way home (860 miles) I was doing some serious speeding with my cruise set at 73 mph. no matter where I was, weather a 70 mph or 55 mph. zone, ( just keeping up with traffic) but slowing for WORK zones for sure, how lucky I was.   We saw many state trooper 'take downs' along the way... also had some real 'cowboys' sailing by me, probably 85 to 90 mph. easy...!

Ok, I am cleaning up the kitchen...........just came in from a lovely warm evening dinner out under the stars with Diana Krall Pandora channel playing softly through the deck system.  The crickets are making their music in all quadrants of the lower yard, lightly illuminated with the landscape accent lamps etc.

Tonight's dinner was that of a white clam sauce with linguini / toasted calimata artisan bread slices from Whole Foods and a fine Rodney Strong Merlot vino.... :)

All for now until breakfast and coffee in the morning.....one last day of temporary 'retirement' :D

Enjoy your evening my friends........Gary

Edited by Tigerman
  • Like 7

We are beyond that.  We have all the energy we need here, plus there is that skunkworks thing you love.

Loving a concept and having it hand are two different things.  You must be thinking I am some sort of visionary believer.  I work in the real world as it is and there is no holy grail at the moment.  Only reality.

I know reality when I see it and we are being dosed on it.  I'd like to think we are smarter than that but I have my doubts.  The Chinese economy is looking pretty iffy and we are back on the Arab titties. 

I am making every effort to liquefy every asset I have as I don't have time to wait for a recovery or fusion even if it's only a few years away.

Dave

Edited by Mallette
  • Like 2

C'mon Dave the gas is in the ground all over the place.  The visionary is T Boone Pickens.  We could convert to nat gas and thumb our noses at the world.  China?  They have nothing but cheap labor, and if you think their economy is tanking (actually it is only back down to single digit growth) that further decreases the demand for oil and makes it cheaper.  But you keep on telling me that a major cost of production should be more rather than less.  So what they hey lets jack up the cost of every input then we will all be rich?

• Like 2

Brent North Sea crude is down to $43.28 (lowest since 2009) and West Texas Intermediate is below $40 per barrel. We should see gas go below $2 a gallon.

And oil field workers now down 150,000 jobs and we're back on the Saudi tittie.  I hope cheap gas is worth it as we WILL pay for it in the future. 

Dave

Yeah people, I must include myself, love low gas prices hence low crude prices, not realizing nearly all pensions, 401's, mutuals have some energy related (oil companies) stock. Which off course take the big hit with these low prices. Take a look what Exon and Chevron have done lately - down and down further. Don't pay 'em now they ain't gonna pay you later - when you need it.

• Like 3

People have whined about high oil prices for a long time.  There have been graphs of what oil cost when so and so took office and then several years later, as if it were their fault.  Now all of a sudden it's a panic when the "glory days" of cheap oil might be back for a while?  How many times have you heard "I remember when"  gas was .25, or a dollar, etc.  Wow those were great times.  Now we somehow are begging for 4 dollar gas again?  Topsy turvy init?

• Like 2

Take a look what Exon and Chevron have done lately -

Take a look at the profit they are still making.  They are not losing money, just making less than King Midas ransom.

Making a profit - the deed publicly held companies are held to. Isn't that what most any company in any country is based on - profit.

What number is too much? Who decides that, you? Does or did the company you work for make profit, to pay employees such as yourself?

• Like 3

People have whined about high oil prices for a long time.

God knows why.  Fuel is, and has been, virtually free in this country for decades.  If you think it's easy to come by try working in the oil field sometime.  Crap on Exxon and the production companies all you want.  I work on the drilling end and we work hard for you.

Dave

• Like 3

You said you were liquidating your assets.  That is all.  What you meant was shifting your asset allocation.

Indeed different.  While you may be in a "no panic" mood at my age I don't have that luxury and my take on the current global economic situation is less than optimistic. 

As I said I have no time to wait for recovery.  For those who do, hold fast. 

As for me and my house we are assuming the next few years may be less than growth years and could make the last "great recession" look pretty good.

Dave

• Like 2

Up at 5, Boys up at 6 and off to school by 6:30,

My take is it is the same old same old when it comes to oil, use the rest of the worlds oil supply saving the USA supply, Oil companies are like all other companies Labor is the last concern, 

Profit with less labor = Lay off a few thousand while they keep 5 layers of management in place 

• Like 5