Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Big turn around in the market.....wouldn't rule out an afternoon sell off. 

On the plus side Google went down to 593 earlier today so the small chunk I sold two weeks ago when it hit $700 made me a nice $103/share (I bought back at 597) :)

Atkins menu so far today.  Bacon and eggs for breakfast.  Tomato, cucumber with tzatziki sauce, and a boiled egg for lunch.  Dinner will be bay scallops wrapped in bacon and a salad.  Got the produce and scallops at a farmers market at Wrightsville Beach.....Costco for organic ground beef, coffee, tzatziki, and frozen mahi.

Bought gas at Costco for $2.28.

• Like 9

Hello and good Monday morning/afternoon everyone...... :emotion-44: :emotion-44: :emotion-44:

Trying to remember all the activities I just read through.......   MKP, so sorry about that damn transmission job!, too funny that you returned to the original and it was just fine...  Sometimes it goes just like that, what is it?, ain't broke, don't fix it?  :wacko2:  :smile:   Glad it all worked out in the end...

Chuck, good luck with the Atkins....  But, I hope you and all others on here are watching their cholesterol numbers, with all the icecreams, and other saturated fats being consumed.  Yeah, it all tastes good and thats great, but moderation for sure.  I don't have a problem, but I believe in watching my numbers BEFORE the doc tells me to...   At my age, I am feeling lucky to be on ZERO meds of any kind...   :happy: 

Steve, watch those daily doses of fries, that can catch up with you in other ways.... :ohmy:

Ok, off my lecture stand :biggrin:

We are back from N.C.   JUST finished brunch, new ceramic coated pans are a DREAM to work with the eggs which was the primary idea on purchasing them.   Dad bought them and wanted me to try a dinner with them and I fell in love...  So, added to all our fine stainless ware (Cuisinart and Le Creuset) there is something to do omelets in with no sticking, as they proved themselves this morning :)

Trip home ended up running 14 hours!  HA, on a Sunday no less, TONS of weekend traffic, many motor homes and 18 wheelers, got tied up for 45 minutes in one construction area in PA.  That is what happens when you have 3 lanes going down to ONE!  It wasn't even an active zone!!   But, still loading things from the SUV, organizing, and now picking up the kitchen and the table out on the deck at this late hour.

NEWS......my little DAC came in!   This will take the HDMI audio from the streaming/mp3 audio off the laptop and put that into the preamp in the vintage system.   SHOULD sound better then the headphone OP Amp (I hope....).   Will try that later tonight...

Also, my new LP re-issue should be waiting by the mail box...   Can't wait to play that this weekend, unveiled on RTM...

Chuck, did you catch my invite for you to join us sometime for a spin of the reel to reels over on RTM ?   Do you have any pre-records ?

Ok, this is getting long winded.....     Enjoy the day everyone.    I certainly am enjoying my little vaca. one more day of

retirement to go before returning to the grind on Wed.  

.......Gary

• Like 8

Chuck, gas down at my dad's (Ingles supermarket) was $2.19      When we went into South Carolina for the Fresh Market run, there were 3 stations there selling at $2.02 !!  

OK, off to be busy now...........

...........later

• Like 6

Chuck, gas down at my dad's (Ingles supermarket) was $2.19      When we went into South Carolina for the Fresh Market run, there were 3 stations there selling at $2.02 !!  

OK, off to be busy now...........

...........later

Brent North Sea crude is down to $43.28 (lowest since 2009) and West Texas Intermediate is below $40 per barrel. We should see gas go below $2 a gallon.

• Like 7

For some reason I didn't know Loofah was a natural farm grown crop.  Bought this one at the farmers market and the lady had photos of Loofah being grown.  They sell these by the inch....this one was $12.

Good gas prices Gary.

I don't have pre recorded tapes but I will join you guys soon.

post-17365-0-46720000-1440438443_thumb.j

post-17365-0-08440000-1440438458_thumb.j

• Like 7

Thanks Chuck, I hope you can join us............of course, you may have to co-ordinate with the LF for later night music listening with fellow forum members :ph34r:  :D ....

............sign.........still cleaning the kitchen up, MAN, am I feeling LAZY today !!!   (feels good though ;) )

• Like 5

Brent North Sea crude is down to $43.28 (lowest since 2009) and West Texas Intermediate is below $40 per barrel. We should see gas go below $2 a gallon.

And oil field workers now down 150,000 jobs and we're back on the Saudi tittie.  I hope cheap gas is worth it as we WILL pay for it in the future. 

Dave

Edited by Mallette
  • Like 5

Bummer JL.  I got one from a NC Highway Patrol for a rolling stop a couple of months ago.  An attorney got it reduced to improper equipment with no points.

Went to the beach for a couple of hours this afternoon.  Warm water and no sharks in sight. 

• Like 9

I'll take the cheap gas & worry about paying for it in the future...

Can't argue with that. It's what has become the American way.

Dave

Not me, if i have to spend a little extra to keep jobs in America going which should help our economy, its worth it.

$3.00 vs $2.00 a gallon, on average is $16.00 more to fill up. Yes thats $64.00 more a month if you fill up once a week. But at least i know its help keeping jobs here in America.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

• Like 7

I'll take the cheap gas & worry about paying for it in the future...

Can't argue with that.  It's what has become the American way.   

Dave

Says the guy so enthused about the skunkworks mini fusion reactor.   Can anyone tell us what Exxon makes in profit per day?  Even at current prices?

• Like 2

Says the guy so enthused about the skunkworks mini fusion reactor. Can anyone tell us what Exxon makes in profit per day? Even at current prices?

I don't have a clue and don't care as long as it's American jobs.  My company is less than half what it was this time last year.  The Arabs are the same size and making more money. 

I don't understand why some of you don't get it. 

I am on the line, but that's OK as I am nearing retirement anyway.  But if you think this return to dependence on the Arabs and the massive loss of American jobs is somehow a good thing I'd suggest taking another look.

If protecting your own and national security isn't worth a dollar or so a gallon the we all deserve what we get.

Dave

• Like 3