Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Morning Gang

68 in the Cave, damm i like this, heading to 92.

As long as keep a fan at the door overnight, (then close it up) i can maintain 77 till about 7pm.

Swapmeet yet again after Coffee, if your looking for something, it's there.

Survey transit yesterday, great score.

Weather is-a-changin there Sarg, with the "Nino" out here, we aint seen nothing yet, it's going to be one hella winter.

post-57941-0-89220000-1440340216.jpg

• Like 6

Mornin' guys. We went to the ballet last night and it was just ok. My lady loved it so it was all worthwhile. Mostly kept my mouth shut and did NOT wear the tutu as threatened.

Pretty day here except for the haze from widfires in other western states. Creates sinus 'issues.'

Hey Chuck ....Baxter has challenged Jake to a 'sleep off'. :D

Later guys and cheers!

• Like 5

Morning gang..

1st cup going down nice. Dunkin Donuts whole bean....as always. My daughter makes the coffee for me and the wife every morning. 

Mark...have fun at the swapmeet, get your self a corndog and buy something ya don't need....

JL.... watch out for the storms...

billybob..... yea it does come with the territory..... most of the time it works out good using "used" parts....but this time I pulled the short straw.

Years ago I stopped doing engine replacements and engine builds. It just takes so much time to do it right. When you replace the engine you should prep the replacement to insure that there is no problems when it goes in. Like new timing belt, water pump, thermostat, clutch, adjust valves, ect ect. Also replace any suspect hoses or if the radiator is original and it's 10-12+ years old why put the old one back in. So my estimate would be higher than anybody's. People would say your nuts...I can get that done for half the price!! People are so fixed on price, and I understand that. I try to tell them your replacing the engine to keep the car. This is part of the job...to keep the car on the road... Some understand....but most took the car out the shop. 

A few times they have come back after they got that "cheaper" price. They got problems... clutch slipping, water pump leaking, oil leaks....or the best one was a broken timing belt...cuz the cheaper shop didn't replace the belt on the used engine. I told the guy...now ya need another engine....lol lol

It got to the point, that if you wanted an estimate for a engine replacement, I would throw out there..... if your not looking at spending around 4 grand....then I'm not your shop. Also on the flip side of the coin, if you want to spend the money I would insist on a complete inspection of the car: brakes, suspension, exhaust and body/frame rust. If the car needed all kinds of other work I tell people to junk it. It's not worth it!!

Well off to get a 2nd cup...I'll check in later..

MKP :-)

• Like 6

Also on the flip side of the coin, if you want to spend the money I would insist on a complete inspection of the car: brakes, suspension, exhaust and body/frame rust. If the car needed all kinds of other work I tell people to junk it. It's not worth it!!

Dang Mark, you are good. The blatantly upfront and honest with the customer. Guess there are points when the input repair needed outweighs any benefit that can be gained by continuing to try to revive.

More later when I have some coffee and lose a little of that jetlag I have driving for work on weekends.

Next time I am out shopping, I will get some Dunkin Donut coffee. It is nice and tasty.

460 miles so far on my latest Volvo addition and so far, it hasn't tried to buck me out of the saddle.

• Like 5

Morning gang.  Hope no one out there is in the market today.....looks like another 600 to the down side on open.

LF and I took Jake to a nature trail at a historic plantation yesterday.  In about a half mile Jake was worn out.  He took a dip in the pond but needed 5 or 6 rest stops to make it back to the car.  I noticed he was walking different and suspect his hips may be weak.

He rested all afternoon and night and seems okay this morning, 

LF and I are ready to do the Atkins Diet starting this morning....been reading "Atkins Essentials" to get fired up.

Glad everyone survived the weekend.....now get those chidren to school.

Cheers Ladies :emotion-44: and Gents

• Like 9

Its Humid as hell out  :angry:  First day of school

school tells wife be at bus stop at 6:50, wife is there at 6:40, no bus shows, call school nothing but excuses say driver was there early because she had fewer students, all kinds of discussion

bus driver returns and says need to be at the stop at 6:30 because this is one of her first stops

Gotta love communication the school has no idea what the driver is doing.......................................

Edited by joessportster
  • Like 8

Make that down 815 :(

Chuck...may the pounds go down and the stock go up.

I put on some weight and noticed the old health issues returning---stomach problems, asthma flareups more frequent, overall feeling like crap.  Time to increase my activity and stop sampling every potato chip that comes on the market.

I've got to lose it all today, as I don't want Ann & Nancy Wilson to be disappointed tomorrow.  ;)

• Like 9

Happy Monday gang. Better half is taking a well deserved day off and we're taking a drive up to Mt Evans, a few miles outside of Denver metro. Should be good weather and minimal traffic with the weekend over. Evans is one of a few 14'ers you can access by car rather than climbing - which I do NOT do.

Hope the market comes back soon for all who are still in it. I got out years ago and glad I did. So called 'global economy' stuff is too scary for me.

Have a good day all and, of course, cheers.

• Like 7