Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

.......except English teachers

What about math teachers?  I wonder what the teacher will look like this year.....

_ Thinking.jpg

post-36163-0-61380000-1452904813_thumb.j

Edited by Fjd
  • Like 5

I wonder how much a man made wood would like this would expand/shrink? 

I would think everyone's different, just depends, but if it expands for more than 4 hours see a doctor, so they say, never had that problem ? 

Haha….that's a good one :D

I'd call a doctor………TO THANK HIM!

• Like 5

Stills full of shine, that good old liquid is on my mind

I don’t know who done distilled ‘em, but I thank ‘em just the same

Stills full of shine, fillin’ my jar like a good ol rain

My life changed completely, by this mind-numin’ swain…..

still.jpg

Edited by Fjd
  • Like 6

• Moderators

I wonder how much a man made wood would like this would expand/shrink? 

I would think everyone's different, just depends, but if it expands for more than 4 hours see a doctor, so they say, never had that problem ? 

Haha….that's a good one :D

I'd call a doctor………TO THANK HIM!

I don't think my wife would be very happy at all.

• Like 5

• Moderators
Stills full of shine

Got to taste the real thing for the first time this past summer and was really surprised how good it was, much smoother than expected with less bite than a normal liquor .  

• Like 3

Stills full of shine

Got to taste the real thing for the first time this past summer and was really surprised how good it was, much smoother than expected with less bite than a normal liquor .  

What I find interesting is that Tennessee only recently lifted the ban on distilling moonshine in 2009.  Now instead of stumbling upon an old still deep in the Appalachians and risk being shot at, you can go to the Ole Smoky Distillery in Gatlinburg Tennessee and freely spend an afternoon sampling all kinds of different flavors of the hooch.

_ OleSmokyMoonshine.jpg

_ OleSmokyMoonshine-2.jpg

still.jpg

post-36163-0-05700000-1452915340_thumb.j

post-36163-0-00180000-1452915355_thumb.j

Edited by Fjd
  • Like 6

• Moderators
Ole Smoky Distillery in Gatlinburg Tennessee

Ok I did try some of that, our daughter brought us some, I didn't think it was real and thought it was just a marketing thing calling it moonshine. Well i guess i tried it a few times.

The other stuff was in a quart mason jar and a gallon jug, no flavors, it was bought by a friend from another friend who I didn't even know was making it, they keep it quiet, i think it's illegal in that state ?

These people knew what they were doing, they could shake up the bottle and watch the bubbles to tell what proof it was, I had no idea, I just did the tasting.  :)

Edited by dtel
  • Like 4

Doesn't it just go from being moonshine to whiskey. I always thought moonshine was a term used for making it illegally.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

When I was a kid we used to chant, "corn liquor gets to the brain a whole lot quicker."  There in lies the main difference as I perceive it in that moonshine, white lightning, or hooch is purely corn-based where as whiskey tends to use various grains such as barley, rye, wheat (although sometimes corn); and often malted or germinated into a dried cereal-type grain.

• Like 4

Back in my drinking day, I was in Alabama and we would get Ever Clear....I remember on the bottle there was a warning...."extremely flammable".....yeaaaaa man.....that stuff would take your breath away...

Also back in the day when I lived in El Paso we would go over to Juares Mexico and buy bottles of Mescal.....it's got the worm in the bottom....We would buy a few big bottles and one time we got like 50 miniatures.....they all had the worm....that weekend I ate so many worms I got sick....that was one of those 3 day hangovers....lol lol

It really is a good thing I stopped drinking......

MKP :-)

• Like 6

Back in my drinking day, I was in Alabama and we would get Ever Clear....I remember on the bottle there was a warning...."extremely flammable".....yeaaaaa man.....that stuff would take your breath away...

Just the mention of Ever Clear (notice the bottles of Ever Clear in this picture) grain alcohol brought back a few memories when we used to go into the Polish-Czech area of E 65th and Broadway in Cleveland Ohio back in the late 1970s and drink Krupnik at some old Polish-American Citizens Club with Polka music emanating throughout the place from old 78 rpm records.

I've used Ever Clear and Galens 190; however, the old Polish women would use something like a 192 Proof Spirytus grain alcohol, with lots of honey and about 50 spices. Overall it was practically a two-day process where these women would spend lots of time over a hot stove stirring pots to make the stuff.

I believe that you can buy some type of Krupnik at the liquor stores nowadays; however, it sure doesn’t compete with the real stuff.  Real Krupnik starts out with that intense alcohol taste; however, then the magical aspect happens.  The flavor is more of an alcohol-laced taste of a very rich and spicy honey/gingerbread type of flavor that sure can warm a person all over in this cold weather.

Talk about experiencing a “vision quest” or some type of spritual experience, I sure believe it can be found after several shots of good Krupnik.

_ krupnik making.jpg

post-36163-0-93060000-1452919435_thumb.j

Edited by Fjd
  • Like 5

Also back in the day when I lived in El Paso we would go over to Juares Mexico and buy bottles of Mescal.....it's got the worm in the bottom....We would buy a few big bottles and one time we got like 50 miniatures.....they all had the worm....that weekend I ate so many worms I got sick....that was one of those 3 day hangovers....lol lol

Take a close look at these Tequila worm suckers that my girlfriend brought home the other day. B)  :o  :unsure:

_ Tequila Worm Sucker.jpg

post-36163-0-72180000-1452920170_thumb.j

Edited by Fjd
  • Like 5

• Moderators
Just the mention of Ever Clear

That stuff is rough, back in the crazy days we would make punch with it for parties, grape juice was about all that would help kill the flavor. Nasty stuff, I had some left in a bottle once and want to get rid of it. i put it in a gas tank of a push mower and it ran, really it did but the smell from the exhaust still smelled like Everclear, never again. 

• Like 4

• Moderators
Take a close look at these Tequila worm suckers that my girlfriend brought home the other day.    

The label says "excessive consumption may stimulate laxative effects" :o 

Yea I can see that happening :o   :unsure:  :D

• Like 4

Just the mention of Ever Clear

That stuff is rough, back in the crazy days we would make punch with it for parties, grape juice was about all that would help kill the flavor. Nasty stuff, I had some left in a bottle once and want to get rid of it. i put it in a gas tank of a push mower and it ran, really it did but the smell from the exhaust still smelled like Everclear, never again. 

We used to call the punch we would make with the Galens 190 the "wisdom punch." B)

• Like 4

Take a close look at these Tequila worm suckers that my girlfriend brought home the other day.    

The label says "excessive consumption may stimulate laxative effects" :o

Yea I can see that happening :o   :unsure:  :D

I took the close up picture wondering if anyone would read the label.  Also notice the ingredient of "insect larva."  

• Like 6

.....a few memories when we used to go into the Polish-Czech area of E 65th and Broadway in Cleveland Ohio back in the late 1970s and drink Krupnik at some old Polish-American Citizens Club with Polka music emanating throughout the place from old 78 rpm records.

Here is the Polish grain alcohol used to make the Krupnik that I was referring to.

Spirytus 96 percent 1.jpg

Edited by Fjd
  • Like 5

Good morning everyone.......  WOW, all that strong drinking makes me want to stick with my VINO  (WAY more tame :) )  

Now, I am waiting for Mark to enter a comment or two about that strong stuff :wacko::blink:     :lol:

Ok, I have a brand new toy being installed in Music Hall today, I will have some photos shortly...   ^_^ ^_^

Enjoy your coffee and breakfasts my friends... 

Edited by Tigerman
  • Like 9