Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

My wife had me install hardwood flooring in the girls' bathroom, it looked so good now she wants it down the hallway

Happy wife, happy life.  Get busy.

I hear you. I just yanked out the carpet, tackstrip, and about a million staples. Off to get the flooring.

• Like 5

Happy Friday gang. Been awol for a day or two trying to address some health issues. More on that later.

Finally got my guitar buddy back for some jammin'. Started out pretty rusty but ended up sounding pretty decent with some old country and rock 'n roll.

Gotta run and get on skype ...it's my daughter's birthday today and they're 8 hours ahead of us. Will try to check back later. Cheers to all.

• Like 5

• Moderators

Good man.

Thanks

I forgot about the new wood flooring having to acclimate to my home's environment. It says 48 hours, I'm thinking I could install it tomorrow though.

I would think it has more to do with humidity than anything else ? If it was stored in a store it should be very close to your home, tomorrow should be fine....................it's all just a guess, it's not like I actually know !  :o  :D

You do know we will want a pic later. ;)  

Edited by dtel
  • Like 4

Good morning - realizing I've been sitting on 666 posts and wanted to change that. ;) but to honor that I think I'll go find some old kiss or black sabbath records, play them backwards and see if I get any insight on life...

Once you get that insight from those backward tracks, go ahead and buy a lottery ticket.  Like the sign states, "try your luck yo never now" :o

_ power ball spell challenge.jpg

Edited by Fjd
  • Like 6

Good morning - realizing I've been sitting on 666 posts and wanted to change that. ;) but to honor that I think I'll go find some old kiss or black sabbath records, play them backwards and see if I get any insight on life...

LMAO I seen that yesterday and almost said something, but thought otherwise LOL

• Like 3

It's flippin Friday and Damn cold here....I went to work at 5:00AM and was home by 9:00am. I have 2.7 days of vacation I can take every month for the next 12 months and still carry into 2017 280 hours of vacation...So I took a sick day LOL

Latitude: 41°15′42″ N
Longitude: 95°51′38″ W
Elevation above sea level: 299 m = 980 ft

Cheers all :emotion-22: :emotion-22: :emotion-22:

• Like 4

Good man.

Thanks

I forgot about the new wood flooring having to acclimate to my home's environment. It says 48 hours, I'm thinking I could install it tomorrow though.

I would think it has more to do with humidity than anything else ? If it was stored in a store it should be very close to your home, tomorrow should be fine....................it's all just a guess, it's not like I actually know !  :o  :D

You do know we will want a pic later. ;)  

Will do

You wouldn't want to take flooring out of a storage shed on a rainy 35 degree day and throw in down in a 70 degree low humidity room. You'll probably end up with an unhappy floor. 

I think the flooring was ok. It was 46 but raining earlier. I even transported it in the cab of my truck. It says to leave them packaged, probably to keep them unable to expand so much. I'm using Pergo pre-finished. I would like to do actual wood, 3/4 inch clear oak. But I can't install and finish that, the pre-finished is very easy to install. 

I wonder how much a man made wood would like this would expand/shrink? 

• Like 2

• Moderators
I wonder how much a man made wood would like this would expand/shrink? 

I would think everyone's different, just depends, but if it expands for more than 4 hours see a doctor, so they say, never had that problem ? 

Edited by dtel
  • Like 4

• Moderators

I would have never joined.

I spell things however it sounds to me and how I like to spell them, who's to say i am wrong........except English teachers, books, common sense and the general public ?  

• Like 7