Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Evening gang

Not much time here at the momment, hot tub in-the-waiting.

Catch up on all of you're "Likes" later.

Need to fetch a couple more drinks and head to the room!

Got the cars traded out, 2015 Audi this time, for the coast/seattle trip.

Later......

• Like 6

Good evening everyone.......

Hey there Steve, you've been missed by me and the gang over in RTM.....................!   We had a nice celebration of Boxx' time with us and his music and I was hoping you had seen the week long notices....   But, you can see photos if you go back a bit.   I would be happy to send you a PM. and a page number :)

.....More later......

• Like 6

• Moderators

Winter has a hold of us now. The temp is 0, windchill is -20.   If it's cold where you are, stay safe and warm.

Yes it's a bit chilly, 56 and sunny here, considered a jacket.  :lol:

I want to laugh, but my face is frozen

I have a feeling this cold burst is heading south to you all :D

I have never seen 0 degrees, at -20 I would be looking to move. :D 

Just use to mild winters that's all, but we pay for it in the summer.

• Like 6

Steve….It's cool you picked up your guitar. You were considering a new one a while back, any luck?

No.  I was close early in December; but, it wasn’t in stock and i’m too impatient.  Then decided to wait until after I had purchased the kids/grandkids’ Christmas gifts.  Been in a funk ever since ... so nothing new. Broke out the still mint condition Strat and enjoyed that for awhile yesterday.

• Like 7

Good evening everyone.......

Hey there Steve, you've been missed by me and the gang over in RTM.....................!   We had a nice celebration of Boxx' time with us and his music and I was hoping you had seen the week long notices....   But, you can see photos if you go back a bit.   I would be happy to send you a PM. and a page number :)

.....More later......

Saw the photos Gary...nice tribute. Also saw your new flat screen...sounds like you installed the wall brackets yourself -- very brave. I don’t trust my skills.

• Like 4

It looks like the Archie's had a difficult time adapting.  :(

_ Archie .jpg

he should know...didn’t Sugar Sugar reach number one?

Yes, here is the Archies - Sugar, Sugar (Original 1969 Music Video)

https://youtu.be/h9nE2spOw_o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9nE2spOw_o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9nE2spOw_o&feature=youtu.be

Edited by Fjd
  • Like 2

Hello again Steve.   GLAD you caught the tribute photos and such  :emotion-21:

Oh, the wall bracket.......well, it was really pretty easy...  The only thing I may have goofed a little on was the height..  Well, that was Chris who was complaining about his neck  :mellow2:  ...  

But,  I mentioned that with my progressive glasses, I look up with my eyes and not my head, so I was able to watch the 2.5 hour concert without troubles...   Again, I could have lowered it a bit, but I was afraid of hiding the thermostat, so I erred for more height to clear it..........win some, loose some.

Pezz will give me his critique when he comes here next month for M.A.D.  I just won't say anything and see what he thinks after a while :wink:     Probably won't be viewing much anyway, as it is a MUSIC listening session rather then a movie or video thing...

....guess I went on long enough about the mount huh ?   :blush:     

Glad you got some 'guitar' playin' in to lift your spirits  :biggrin:    ......and coming to Music Hall for an M.A.D. with your friends here would also help (hint, hint   :happy: )

Ok, off to watch my show online..........then heading for the rack..

Good night from the cold and windy NE..

...............g

• Like 7

Yes, here is the Archies - Sugar, Sugar (Original 1969 Music Video)   https://youtu.be/h9nE2spOw_o   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9nE2spOw_o
did you know that Don Kirshner intended that song for The Monkees and Mike Nesmith drew a line in the sand and refused to sing it.  

Pretty amazing in that the song spent four weeks at the top of the Billboard Hot 100 in the U.S. and now lists at number 73 on Billboard's Greatest Songs of All Time.  The song was also classified as a "gold record" by the RIAA in August of 1969.

Then to top it off, you could get a copy of the record on the back of a cereal box too (along with that free Jughead hat).

_ super sugar crisp.jpg

post-36163-0-24380000-1453176572_thumb.j

Edited by Fjd
  • Like 7

Good morning coffee crew    :emotion-44: :emotion-44:

That Archie tune and seeing that cereal box really bring back memories for me......   Was that not the "bubble gum" music craze also ?

Enjoy your day eveyone............us worker bees will join in with our tasks :emotion-21:

......................g        :smile:

• Like 8