Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

doctor saying to give me more fentanol

I can't believe they didn't give you propofol.  When you come out of it, it's like waking up in the morning.  You're wide awake, alert and clear headed.  Glad you're OK.

++1 on the propofol. I've had two hip replacements in which the Doc gives a spinal block for the waist down and propofol to knock you out. Wake up an hour later fresh as a daisy with new parts installed.

• Like 5

Small bathroom update.  I'm in the process of caulking cabinets, baseboards and cabinets.  In the mean time, the glass guys came out today.

Looks good Carl. I still like tile in a running bond pattern the best, when the tile size permits it.

Thanks to all on the bathroom comments.

I'm not quite sure what a running bond is and am too lazy to google it. :rolleyes:

• Like 4

I had the the Hunter repair guy in a few months back to work on the balancer.... he's only been to my shop twice to work on my stuff in 17 years....he always tells me how nice my equipment looks...and if every shop looked after there machines like I do he would be out of a job...lol lol

Here's the difference between you shop and mine.  You own yours.  I'm just a custodian.  No one cares as much about the equipment as I do.  I tell the guys, "if something's broke, tell me and I'll either fix it or have it fixed".  I still end up finding things that need attention on my own.

• Like 4

Small bathroom update.  I'm in the process of caulking cabinets, baseboards and cabinets.  In the mean time, the glass guys came out today.

Looks good Carl. I still like tile in a running bond pattern the best, when the tile size permits it.

Thanks to all on the bathroom comments.

I'm not quite sure what a running bond is and am too lazy to google it. :rolleyes:

It's when the vertical grout line is in the middle of the next course, or row above. It's also called half bond…..it's a masonry term. They're much stronger than vertically stacked, and looks better.

• Like 5

• Moderators

Carl, the bathroom is looking really good, i love the way the til is run and the glass top, very nice.

MKP I don't know why but many many year ago when I did that kind of thing I loved turning rotors and drums, just something about it and that shiny new surface, Ok I'm easy to please. 

• Like 4

A huge winter storm is on it's way to the southeast and east coast, maybe the biggest storm EVER for DC, Philly, New York/Jersey…etc.

24"+ of snow is forecasted for DC! They're predicting a lot of power outages.

I hope everyone in it's path stays safe and warm. 

Hopefully the media is just over-hyping this event.

• Like 7

Finishing second cup now.  Speaking of cups what do you consider a cup of coffee.  I used to make half a pot every morning, that was about 3 cups for me.  Now with this Kruerig it doesn't even fill my cups on the large setting.  Apparently most people don't consider a 16 oz cup a cup of coffee.

A little quote from last night.

People: "why start in Omaha Ne?"

Ozzy: "why the F&%K not!!"

I could have gone to work today, however it turned out I needed to have a new spring installed on the garage door.  Normally I would do it myself, however the builder installed a Wayne Dalton garage door and spring.  Which turns out to be cheap junk.  So I am having a complete new spring system installed UGH.  This will set me back about $500.00, next will be the door later this year, as it was mangled a little when the spring got jammed. Oh well the perks of being a home owner, I wouldn't have it any other way.

I guess I will take the day to listen to music and do home work.  Works for me.

Peace, Love, and Coffee!!!

• Like 8