Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Morning my friends...

Thanks you all for your support...

Been up since 3:30.... can't sleep....me and the Boss got up alittle before 6:00...

2nd cup almost done....will be rolling out in a few minutes.... just gotta swing in the shop... we left so quick yesterday....couple things we gotta wrap up.....gotta put the weekly deposit in the bank and lock up a customer's car so they can pick-up....also will talk to the used car guys, see what's up with there work load....

After all that we'll head up to see Mom.....our eldest daughter stayed up there last night..... The Boss's sister's will be over today....gotta start doing what's has to be done....

Yea Mark we have to look after Mom...this will be the hardest part of all this....

Yea the world keeps on going....and so will me and the wife....

Thanks again guys.....

MKP :-)

• Like 6

When speaking to Boss's mom, speak to her not about her. Alzheimer's, as well as other forms of dementia, often make people unable to express themselves but not necessarily incapable of comprehending their surroundings. I witnessed a startling example of this.

If you haven't already seen the Netflix documentary "Alive Inside" I recommend it. The message is heartwarming and entertaining. There is some good music too.

Love is powerful. Use it wisely and often.

Edited by DizRotus
  • Like 7

MKP & Boss,

Sorry to hear of your loss. I have lost both parents and a mother in law that I was very close to and it is a hard time. Allow yourself time to grieve, be there for each other. Over time you will think of them and smile instead of feeling sadness. Try to get there as soon as you can, he would want that. That's what I want when I'm gone.

Take care.

• Like 5

Morning gang

Weather Drama Queens are all over our slight wettness.

SwapMeet, Corn Dog?

Lazy day, nothing planned.

Now that powerball could change everything, or nothing :mellow:

Hang in there Mark, fire up some good coffee.

Coffee sounds good, think i'll check on mine...... :emotion-44: :emotion-44: :emotion-44:

post-57941-0-41160000-1452355190_thumb.p

• Like 6

.....afternoon friends....

I thought I would cross post a photo of what is happening 'round here.... A screen shot from the Longfellow Theatre.. Currently taking in a LIVE all French concert from Berlin (my Digital Concert Hall subscription) stream...

Have the laptop hooked to a brand new DAC feeding into the audio system in here. And the first time ever, run the HDMI video directly into the Visio big screen.... All very cool, and right now intermission and an interview with the choral conductor for what is coming up next... Faure' Requiem ;0)image_183.jpeg

image_184.jpeg

Edited by Tigerman
  • Like 6

• Moderators
Allow yourself time to grieve, be there for each other. Over time you will think of them and smile instead of feeling sadness.

This is very true, it's not about the end, there is so much more to remember that is good. These are the things that should be remembered.

• Like 3

Condolences mkp and boss. I lost my dad a year ago November. The grieving and adjustment to this new normal is defintiely a process. You have a unique dynamic with the Alzheimer's. Blessings on you and your family right now. You are in my prayers.

• Like 3

Good afternoon Gang

Up after Nap, firing up a second Pot today.

Cold Gloomy day here.

Should have went for my Corn Dog today but figured it was going to rain, it has not!

Weather Drama Lires, pinched me yet again, this is what i get for listening to their rant!

The ONLY people in this state that are happy are the skiers, they finely have a boatload of snow.

I feel like a Mexican with an Empty Tortilla.

Perhaps a hevey pour of the Duggans may assist the day....Hummm.

post-57941-0-96360000-1452375203_thumb.j

Edited by minermark
  • Like 2

I used this as the screen saver for the wife/Daughters Pc in the house, three months later one of them said something like "They saw a Cat"!!

Now here is the kicker, when i placed it as a screen saver the lower part of the screen that says "Find the Cat" was unseen....interesting.

• Like 2