FOUND: 50 ft. Subwoofer Cable

johnnydrama

As the title states. I'm moving my sub and have to make a long run up one wall, through the attic, and down another wall. I can get one from Monoprice for approximately $19 shipped to my door. But thought I'd check here to see if anyone had one laying around before I pull the trigger, thanks.

Edited by johnnydrama

$19 is a steal.

My longest cable is 25 Ft from my old Dodge van amp rack. :(

I know, I'm not looking for someone to sell me one for cheaper necessarily. But if someone had a reputable high quality cable laying around that they wanted to get rid of maybe we could make a deal.

hmmm....50ft for $19 or $11 doesn't sound like enough cooper thickness when you consider skin effect, distance, and intended frequency coverage...so how many watts of juice are you pumping to the sub.....in simplier terms....if you need a 10 guage extension cord but can only afford a 14 guage one....can we hope that it will perform like a 12 guage one. probally not.

hmmm....50ft for $19 or $11 doesn't sound like enough cooper thickness when you consider skin effect, distance, and intended frequency coverage...so how many watts of juice are you pumping to the sub.....in simplier terms....if you need a 10 guage extension cord but can only afford a 14 guage one....can we hope that it will perform like a 12 guage one. probally not.

Huh?

This isn't speaker level voltage and current, it's an RCA terminated low-level cable.

It's not that $19 is all I can afford. However I've bought most if not all of my cables from monoprice and have never been disappointed with performance or quality of the product. The cord is carrying the LFE signal from my AVR to a 500 watt plate amp mounted on the back of my sub.

I picked up some Tributaries bulk rg59 and used it for a sub cable. I got it at a local audio store, I don't think I paid to much for it as I am cheap and wouldn't have had the money to pay a lot. Maybe check around your area, see if any shops sell bulk cable.