Mayo.....The Unloved Cousin

Tarheel

• Moderators

One of my favorite sandwiches with salt and pepper, when I was watching my mother during the day and tomatoes were coming out the garden that's what she wanted everyday for lunch.

Haven't heard from Duke in a long time. Was reading some old threads the other day and didn't realize how many have moved on in one way or another.

One of my favorite sandwiches with salt and pepper, when I was watching my mother during the day and tomatoes were coming out the garden that's what she wanted everyday for lunch.

Haven't heard from Duke in a long time. Was reading some old threads the other day and didn't realize how many have moved on in one way or another.

I remember the old thread "Got Tomatoes"....went on for some time with folks posting pictures of their crop. Remember you had some of the finest looking maters.

Last I heard of Duke someone reported he took up with a lady friend and forgot all his forum buds :mellow:

cant stand mayo, or whip, Only times I eat it is in tuna or egg salad, I love a tomato sandwich Mine is toasted bread, buttered, A THICK slice of tomato

and salt and pepper

Yum Yum, come on spring I want some fresh MATERS

When I was a kid and in the right area (very rare) I would walk thru the garden ****** one from the vine and eat it like an apple :emotion-21::emotion-21::emotion-21:

Can anyone find that old thread "Got Tomatoes"? Would like to see it again and see who was posting at the time.

Never mind I found it. Five pages....mostly me, dtel, Winchester, DU73, peshewah, theplummer, oscarsear, and germerican, commenting. Some goodpictures.

Edited by Tarheel

• Moderators
Last I heard of Duke someone reported he took up with a lady friend and forgot all his forum buds

Reasonable excuse.

One of our grandkids did not like mayo, probably because her dad did not like it, so we told her it was sandwich sauce, she then loved it. :P

My uncle, at a famous steak restaurant, told my cousin he was NOT going to order a Mayonnaise sandwich.

My cousin said, could I have a hot dog, then? My uncle replied, reluctantly, I suppose.

Then, I'll have a hot dog, with Mayonnaise, and NO wieny! So, my uncle had been outsmarted and my cousin got his Mayonnaise sandwich.