Where to find boxes to ship Cornwalls?

jimjimbo

Hello, I am desperately trying to find resources to box and ship a pair of Cornwalls. Very few places have the capability to package such a large and heavy unit. If anyone can suggest an idea, or a trusted resource, please let me know!! Thanks very much.

not sure on the packaging service, but usually places like the ups store or fedex will package items. but you might have some luck finding your own boxes from furniture stores or other such places that recycle boxes. i ship used auto parts all the time & get all shapes & sizes of boxes from furniture stores. some just put them in the recycle dumpsters others you might have to calll & ask if they will let you have a couple.

also, depending on the size of the cornwalls, walmart sells new boxes for very cheap, i think they have a 18x18x24 for about $3 each. if they arent big enough slip one into another to make a larger box, but the cornwalls might be wider than 18".

good luck.

cornwall dims are ( with risers from my 79's ) 38" high x 25" 5/16 wide x 16" deep

back in 07 my local klipsch dealer ordered me a single Heresy 3 box from the factory, if i were you i would try that option first

Edited by Budman

shipping a pair of speakers this big is a friggen nightmare. I don't know how ebay sellers do it week in and week out without going freight (Palletizing)

you could go to your hardware store, buy 2-3" Styrofoam and cut it to size (6 pieces) and tape that around each speaker before adding a layer of corrugated cardboard... but that still would not be legitimate because many shippers want and addition 2-3" of space around the inner box(Styrofoam)

Edited by Schu

Best way I found to ship Large Speakers is to go to lowes or depot and buy the 2" thick blue foam board they sell and cut pieces that fit on all 6 sides (top bottom, left, right,front and back, tape those in place then wrap that with cardboard, buy boxes while at lowes etc... and use them to wrap the foam

I have shipped several large speakers including cornwalls, infinity kappa 8's, Klipsch rf 7 and all have survived with no issues

shipping a pair of speakers this big is a friggen nightmare. I don't know how ebay sellers do it week in and week out without going freight (Palletizing)

you could go to your hardware store, buy 2-3" Styrofoam and cut it to size (6 pieces) and tape that around each speaker before adding a layer of corrugated cardboard... but that still would not be legitimate because many shippers want and addition 2-3" of space around the inner box(Styrofoam)

You type to fast :P

Use the cornwall vault. Do a search and see who has it. Turnkey and safe way to ship.

Absolutely, use the Vault, and ship via Forward Air. Forward Air is the least expensive methods for shipping, so long as they have a warehouse location near your area.

I've used the cornwall vault on several occasions, and there's no better way to ship them. I believe member DitzRotuz is the keeper or the vault. DeanG may also know of it's whereabouts.

Good Luck.