Bloops and Blunders

Tarheel

A few years back I was a little overly ambitious about building a fire for new years eve, turned out well but will list it as a blunder just because of overkill. And it's a little hard to light TONS of wood quickly.

terrible phone pic

Over kill? Nah.....looks about right to me!

• Like 1

I was transferred to Germany several years ago. Since I did not speak German, I was sent to language training for one month. About three weeks into training I was feeling pretty good about my ability to communicate simple things. Since I was living in a hotel, and was by myself, I decided to join a gym across the street from the language school. So I walked in, looked at the two young, attractive women behind the desk and said "Wie Viel Kostet Sie" believing I was asking how much it cost to join. The women looked at one another in horror. Being the intuitive kind of guy I am I sensed something had gone wrong. Turns out I asked them how much they cost. Worse yet, it turns out it was an all female gym.

• Like 2

• Moderators

Do you have any pics during the burn?

Just that my sister took with her phone, they were from the other side of the pond about 300'+, everyone stayed away, it ended up not falling over which I was worried about so I dug holes for each tree trunk to go in. The last pic is really bad.

post-9700-0-22560000-1395864417_thumb.jp

post-9700-0-33720000-1395864435_thumb.jp

• Like 2

Before I had any Klipsch speakers, I was attaching peel-and-stick brass cones to the bottom of my 3 foot tall bass reflex speakers as they stood there, reasoning that if I did it while they were laying flat, the cones would have got dislodged when I stood up the speakers.

Sure enough, one of the speakers tipped toward me as I sat on the carpet positioning the last cone. I wasn't able to catch it before it sideswiped the ceramic platform the woodstove sits on, gouging the front side corner of that lovely oiled walnut cabinet. Much swearing ensued.

The attempted repair with stain pencil and colour-matched putty turned out way less than perfect, but the cones did help the sound a tiny bit.

• Like 1

• Moderators

If I had to guess about 25', the tractor can only reach about 10' with the from attachment level.

:huh: I know this because the kids had me lift them up in the bucket hanging over the pond so the could jump in.

• Like 1

Example of temper 20 years ago

Buy dodge ram pickup 4x4 with 400BB eng, lift kit etc..., start body work, get all dents and nicks repaired and filled, shoot primer on truck, Pull truck out into the light find orange peel in the primer

PUNCH THE DOOR :angry:

Back to pulling and repairing dents, and primer again

Example of temper 20 years ago

Buy dodge ram pickup 4x4 with 400BB eng, lift kit etc..., start body work, get all dents and nicks repaired and filled, shoot primer on truck, Pull truck out into the light find orange peel in the primer

PUNCH THE DOOR :angry:

Back to pulling and repairing dents, and primer again

Some people mellow with age. Others go sour. :wacko:

John

• Like 1

When I was 9, I worked a little sideline job at our local mom/pop beer, candy & chips corner store. I just did some cleaning up and restocking of the coolers. The floors there were really nasty dirty so when it came time mop them I got out the ammonia in a bucket of hot water and went at it. Not doing much good, I saw some bleach on the shelf and added that too to the bucket....

Edited by Mighty Favog

When I was 9, I worked a little sideline job at our local mom/pop beer, candy & chips corner store. I just did some cleaning up and restocking of the coolers. The floors there were really nasty dirty so when it came time mop them I got out the ammonia in a bucket of hot water and went at it. Not doing much good, I saw some bleach on the shelf and added that too to the bucket....

Were the skin grafts painful?

Exwife #2. The house was oriented such that the garages faced edgewise and we had a large concrete parking pad behind them. When her brother in law would visit he'd park his truck at the far edge of that pad. Exwife #2 backed her new Subaru out of the garage and into said parked truck. Not all that terrible if it had only happened once. 2 X in one week and then again the next year. Ayup 3 times the lady back her Subaru into the guys truck in precisely the same situation. That makes a bloop, blunder, stoopid............ The same lady once drove around for a week on a flat tire wondering what that little light on the dashboard meant.

• Like 1

I remember well, on a pre-Christmas evening, going up in the attic to bring down some decorations. This project did not mix well with my over consumption of adult beverages.

The sad end result was my leg sticking through the kitchen ceiling (up to my crotch) because I missed stepped and missed a joist. Ho.... Ho.... Ho....

There was no joy in our Christmas village that night.....

I remember well, on a pre-Christmas evening, going up in the attic to bring down some decorations. This project did not mix well with my over consumption of adult beverages.

The sad end result was my leg sticking through the kitchen ceiling (up to my crotch) because I missed stepped and missed a joist. Ho.... Ho.... Ho....

There was no joy in our Christmas village that night.....

Been there - done that. Came through into the kids bathroom via the ceiling.

Back in the 70's a co-worker bought a new car with a turbo-charger. He left on a trip leaving the car with his girlfriend. A few days pass and she stops by work asking what the light on the dash meant. She had been pushing on the "Press" light and it wouldn't go out. Warranty bought him a new turbo due to lack of oil press(ure)