24 bit dac question

davis419b

I have sent the Emo XDA-2 to Don and recommended that he use the optical connection in order to eliminate any USB issues. I personally have not had a problem with either USB or digital with the -1 or -2 given that I think digital media suck no matter the DAC used. I don't give a rat's a** how many zeros and ones are sent and how they are "interpreted", digital can not and will not replicate analog.That is a PERIOD just like the president said.

First order of business is to get sound from his computer thru whatever to speakers. THAT is what we are trying to get done. We'll worry about quality once a peep is heard.

I have Mac computers as well and I HATE them. Plug and Play NOT.

USNRET you are "THE MAN" ! T fellow I bought this system from finally got a chance to come make it work. After 2 hours still not a peep. He said it was going to take someone smarter than him to make it work. "THE MAN" done told me to use a optical cable rather than usb. I stole the one off my dvd player and used it.. When he rebooted now you could hear the sounds it makes when coming on line. Clicked on an album and hit play WOW isd all I can says. I spent 20 minutes hanging up moving quilts where he said and noe with both these K-horns and RSW-15 subs is the best I have heard them since purchase.

Thanks to everyone who tried to help !!

Don you are in for a new best I have heard once those ORIS get rocking

Glad the Dac issue is solved, I love having 1500 albums at the touch of a mouse, :D

Joe first let me say Thank You very much for pointing me to the Oris horn deal ! It is the only horn in the house that is not Klipsch. I think its ok since they will be sitting on top of KPT-904 bass bins with 2 RSW-15's .Since I will be doing this over the next 3 days I will have 3 different comparison's. I definitely think I am saving the best for last ! This is a meesage I sent to Blair.,

Rudy is coming over Sunday to get the Oris up and playeing. I don’t know if my old heart can stand 2 major improvements to the music I will be hearing over the weekend. Today I will listen to my K-horn/RSW-15's system and tomorrow I will move the music server into the living room with the 904 bass bins / 402 horns / RSW-15's and I already know that is going to sound better. Sunday Rudy and I will put the Oris horns on top of my 904’s / RSW-15's and I am pretty sure that is going to sound AMAZING !

Don you are in for a new best I have heard once those ORIS get rocking

Glad the Dac issue is solved, I love having 1500 albums at the touch of a mouse, :D

Good thing is I only recognize a few of them so there is going to be a lot of new music to try. I have heard different artist mentioned here before but would not buy it just to try it. Now I will try everything atleast once if I live that long. I am listening to Diana Krall right now and really like it.

Don,

Do you no longer have the SVS subs?

Haven't been around here much lately and I was just curious because I went back to using an RSW-15 for two-channel. The SVS subs I had were unbelievable for movies but I always thought the RSW-15's I had did much better for music.

Anyway, I love streaming music from my computer as well for many reasons. After trying a few DACS, the biggest improvement came from implementing a Behringer DEQ 2496 digital EQ. First digital eq I've ever tried and I can tell you it blows away any analog eq I've ever had in the past. I've never had anything high end but this 2496 is dead quiet and smooooth. :)

Behringer is well....Behringer....but one thing that is generally agreed upon is that this EQ has awesome sound quality.

Congrats on your DAC. :)

Don is the king of subwoofers right now. I will be helping him set up is Oris tomorrow am if I recall what he said, he has a pair of RSW-15s in one room and another set in the other. I'm sure he still has the refrigerator sized SVS as well.

Good deal, glad to see in the end it was a simple fix. Just out of curiosity what are your plans for the K402s once you get your Oris's set up.

That's throwing chum in the water..... :D

If it's one thing o found out is you can miss out on opportunity if you don't ask.

Dacs are one thing I haven't given a chance to and just might. So do all the Emos offer 24 bit sampling, or just certain ones.

Good deal, glad to see in the end it was a simple fix. Just out of curiosity what are your plans for the K402s once you get your Oris's set up.

If it's one thing o found out is you can miss out on opportunity if you don't ask.

Dacs are one thing I haven't given a chance to and just might. So do all the Emos offer 24 bit sampling, or just certain ones.

All three Emos are 24 bit. In order of production XDA-1, -2 and Stealth DC-1

(shameless promotion to crap Don's thread; I have the -1 available in the Garage Sale, the -2 will be when Don is done with it)

Edited by USNRET

(shameless promotion to crap Don's thread; I have the -1 available in the Garage Sale, the -2 will be when Don is done with it)

I have some bad news for you . I will never be done with the dac so I am just going to have to buy it ! I am going to look into the xa-1 verses the dc-1 as I am going to buy another one. I know have 2 Cambridge Audio for sale.

Don,

Do you no longer have the SVS subs?

Haven't been around here much lately and I was just curious because I went back to using an RSW-15 for two-channel. The SVS subs I had were unbelievable for movies but I always thought the RSW-15's I had did much better for music.

Anyway, I love streaming music from my computer as well for many reasons. After trying a few DACS, the biggest improvement came from implementing a Behringer DEQ 2496 digital EQ. First digital eq I've ever tried and I can tell you it blows away any analog eq I've ever had in the past. I've never had anything high end but this 2496 is dead quiet and smooooth. :)

Behringer is well....Behringer....but one thing that is generally agreed upon is that this EQ has awesome sound quality.

Congrats on your DAC. :)

Haven't heard from you in awhile hope everything is good ! I still have the SVS sub but like you I use it only for movies ! After adding 2 rsw-15's instead of the 684 sub I was using I was so pleased that I added 2 along with the Khorns front mains and very happy !

I have that same berhinger in my living room system that Rudy set up to active and I said I would never change it right to the point I saw the Oris horns.

• Like 1

mY SUGGESTION WAS GOING TO BE JUST GO BACK TO THE "CAVEMAN MEDIA " --- CD's, , :lol: , & listen to those beautiful new Oris cones, my friend.

It was very close as we just got the music system going mid morning today. I got to listen to it most of the day and then had to move it into the living room system. I had to make sure it was working before Rudy got here in the morning ! Lucky for me when I hooked everything back up and fired the computer up everything worked as it should. I now somewhat understand how to hook it up and play the music but just didn't know how to make it work the firdt time.

• Moderators
I have some bad news for you . I will never be done with the dac so I am just going to have to buy it !

Don't blame you I love mine, it's the first version but it sounds great and is built very well. Got it used when the second version came out, someone upgrading, $140 shipped with a couple years warranty still left, best sounding $140 spent yet.

mY SUGGESTION WAS GOING TO BE JUST GO BACK TO THE "CAVEMAN MEDIA " --- CD's, , :lol: , & listen to those beautiful new Oris cones, my friend.

It was very close as we just got the music system going mid morning today. I got to listen to it most of the day and then had to move it into the living room system. I had to make sure it was working before Rudy got here in the morning ! Lucky for me when I hooked everything back up and fired the computer up everything worked as it should. I now somewhat understand how to hook it up and play the music but just didn't know how to make it work the firdt time.

This makes me happy. So glad you got it up and running!