Our venture into retirement with a Dedicated Home Theater

NBPK402

Yesterday we worked on the stage and today we got the frame put together.

Here is the screen frame temporarily hanging about 2' farther away then it will be mounted... Viewed from the front row. 20140619_234052_zps7180ca7a.jpg

Here is from the 2nd row... 20140619_234011_zps24a4205c.jpg
  • Like 2

A laborer was supposed to come over earlier this week to tape the room... No show 3 times this week! I am going to have to go to HD and find someone in the morning to tape it. We were supposed to have it textured by Saturday too. :( Hopefully I can get it taped Saturday and get someone to texture it Sunday. Sunday we are supposed to finish the stage and all the soffits, plus get the front speakers mounted, and then frame the screen mount in wood for correct mounting. We are supposed to paint the whole room flat black next week before the carpet is installed. Once the carpet is installed we will be mounting the projector... I was told my screen should be shipping out on Monday! I hope to be showing movies in a couple of weeks! I am going to have to just use the La Scalas with the JBL horns for a while... Hopefully Claude or someone will help me get the minidsp setup with them. Once everything is setup and running I will be looking at treating the room, and covering the walls with fabric.

• Like 1

Well the guy showed up and dropped off his tools... He said he will be here at 7am, and will have it taped and textured before he leaves on Saturday. I hope he gets it done so we can start on the painting.

A laborer was supposed to come over earlier this week to tape the room... No show 3 times this week! I am going to have to go to HD and find someone in the morning to tape it. We were supposed to have it textured by Saturday too. :( Hopefully I can get it taped Saturday and get someone to texture it Sunday. Sunday we are supposed to finish the stage and all the soffits, plus get the front speakers mounted, and then frame the screen mount in wood for correct mounting. We are supposed to paint the whole room flat black next week before the carpet is installed. Once the carpet is installed we will be mounting the projector... I was told my screen should be shipping out on Monday! I hope to be showing movies in a couple of weeks! I am going to have to just use the La Scalas with the JBL horns for a while... Hopefully Claude or someone will help me get the minidsp setup with them. Once everything is setup and running I will be looking at treating the room, and covering the walls with fabric.

whoa! I hope you have a ton of lights. I just recently got to see a buddies home theater who's entire room is flat black and black carpet also. While it's cool for the movie I think he has has 8 can lights and then a ton of blue rope light. I have to use the flashlight on my phone to get out of the room. It's that dark! I asked him how could he ever vacuum or dust speakers and he just said he rarely does lol.
  • Like 1

whoa! I hope you have a ton of lights. I just recently got to see a buddies home theater who's entire room is flat black and black carpet also. While it's cool for the movie I think he has has 8 can lights and then a ton of blue rope light. I have to use the flashlight on my phone to get out of the room. It's that dark! I asked him how could he ever vacuum or dust speakers and he just said he rarely does lol.

I think we have about 12 cree LED lights in the soffits, plus Blue rope lights in the soffit, blue rope lights around the perimeter of the room, and blue rope lights on the stairs.

I solved the LED rope light won't turn off problem!! What I did was get one of these, and plug it into a cheater plug, and then plug the cheater plug into my dimmer outlet... I tried it down to 1% and then turned it off and it works flawlessly! :T :)

• Like 2

Did your drywall guy show up ?

Yup :) All taped... He is going to spray the texture this afternoon too. :)

Ok, here is the deal, iv been thinking about that "Duraspin" drywall screwgun and as to me needing it in the next ten years, nope, no plans.

So here is my offer, charge that bad boy up and show it to your drywall guy, see if he will cut you a tad better deal if you throw that in.

I really don't have a need for that thing Ron, it's yours! do with it what you will........merry xmas.

• Like 1

Ok, here is the deal, iv been thinking about that "Duraspin" drywall screwgun and as to me needing it in the next ten years, nope, no plans.

So here is my offer, charge that bad boy up and show it to your drywall guy, see if he will cut you a tad better deal if you throw that in.

I really don't have a need for that thing Ron, it's yours! do with it what you will........merry xmas.

Thanks, Mark! :) I will give it to my friend who has been helping me for next to nothing on the whole project. He is the one who actually put up the drywall... The guy today is just a taper and sprayer guy. I would give it to him but he has stood me up too many times on the job. :)

• Like 1

Thanks, Mark! :) I will give it to my friend who has been helping me for next to nothing on the whole project. He is the one who actually put up the drywall... The guy today is just a taper and sprayer guy. I would give it to him but he has stood me up too many times on the job. :)

Ok my friend, your friend sounds to be much more deserving, do it......and your very much welcome. :)

• Like 1