College Football Thread ('14-'15)

Sancho Panza

Late game with Nebraska last night in Fresno.  Good win making up from last week, had some great plays.  55-19, next might be a different story, looks like Gameday is coming here.  Hopefully its a good game, I will actually be in Orlando so I will have to keep my eye on my Scores app.  or find another way to get updates.

• Like 1

Close, but no cigar.

Can you find some positives in a loss? 

I say yes with Texas.... With an off week, then Kansas the next week and knowing that they can better, they might turn the corner before they play Baylor.

Edited by Boxx
  • Like 1

Marshall whooped up on the Ohio University Bobcats 44-14 yesterday. It was a great game. We actually had 5 penalties in a single drive early in the game. I was losing hope. We actually scored a 3 pointer in that drive. 

The last OU-Marshall game I went to, we lost our butts. It was an away game, and every time they scored on us, they shot a canon. We left late in the 4th quarter, and it was a torturously long walk to the car, as the canon went off twice on the way to the car. 

We got retribution!

• Like 1

Marshall whooped up on the Ohio University Bobcats 44-14 yesterday. It was a great game.

Next stop, top 25.  Marshall is taking care of business, as they should.  This could be a historic run if they can go undefeated at the FBS level.  I don't care if you are playing basketball in the back yard against your little brother, it's hard to go undefeated for a season.

Marshall's biggest problem may be, that by going undefeated, coach Doc Holliday will draw the notice of some bigger schools.

Edited by wvu80
  • Like 1

Doc Holliday likes Marshall, and at this point in his life I don't know if he would be interested in a venue change. Who knows, but he grew up in Hurricane just down the road, and being around family will play a part. He attendedd WVU, but I think those people have not only burned the bridge with Holliday, I think they tore up the roads going to the bridge. He should be the head coach of WVU, but he told me he was glad Marshall had the confidence in him. He may be the best thing to ever happen to Marshall football.

Randy Moss, Byron Leftwich and Chad Pennington are all Marshall alums. In fact, there are 49 NFL alums, and 9 of them are in the NFL today. Those are some decent stats, and thanks to Doc Holiday's recruiting skills, we will be feeding many more soon.

• Like 1

Alabama . . .  birthplace of Helen Keller.  Undoubtedly a Crimson Tide fan.  I think Bear Bryant used to babysit her.

But seriously folks, if Stevie's a football fan, it's probably the Wolverines and/or Spartans, as he's from Saginaw, MI and a product of the Motown Studio.

Edited by DizRotus