Youthman's LaScala Trio Home Theater Build (Version 2.0) Begins!

Youthman

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

All the diamond patterns have been cut.  Talk about detail!  Can't believe how many diamonds were manually cut.  No quick solution for this.

Now if there was only an easy way to sand them.

custom-cabinet-109.jpg

custom-cabinet-110.jpg

custom-cabinet-111.jpg

custom-cabinet-112.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Kits for the drawer enclosures have been cut

custom-cabinet-113.jpg

Enclosures for the stackable media drawers are done

custom-cabinet-114.jpg

They will fit any cabinet door opening, either separate or together.  Can be used as a drawer with shelf on top or double drawers.  Gives flexibility as my needs changes

custom-cabinet-115.jpg

custom-cabinet-116.jpg

custom-cabinet-117.jpg

• Moderators
yeah quit adding klipsch subs so you can build some BEAST SUBS!!!

The quad RSW-15's will eventually be sold and either Horn Subs (maybe dual F20's) or IB 18" subs will replace them but for now, I really have NO IDEA how much space I have to work with behind the new screen until we get it installed.  That is my focus right now.  Once it is finished and we get it installed, then I can begin to research what is the best option for my room.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Problem is I know zero about woodworking.  I did build a DIY sub box in high school but that's straight pieces.  Most horn subs require angled cuts and I do not have a table saw, clamps, etc that are needed for the build.  I would have to find someone local that is good at woodworking to help me cut the pieces, then I could assemble them myself.

Yeah, they say the F20 isn't too difficult to build.  Have you ever heard them?  Someone on the forum built a few for different people. Can't remember if it was you.

I built the one that Thaddeussmith currently uses.  I also cut all the panels for Dave's and put it together with his friend Ron.

"I really like the look of the (4) Klipsch RSW-15's between the LaScala Trio." 

First of all, I really like this thread, It's an inspiration on so many different levels. Home theater design, Klipsch speakers, woodworking, personal relationships,and on and on.

Second of all, my inner snarkiness just can't help but chuckle at the quote above. Aren't these speakers behind a screen?  :ph34r: 

Thanks for sharing,

Mark

• Moderators
I built the one that Thaddeussmith currently uses. I also cut all the panels for Dave's and put it together with his friend Ron.

I was thinking it was you but my memory is absolutely horrible.

First of all, I really like this thread, It's an inspiration on so many different levels. Home theater design, Klipsch speakers, woodworking, personal relationships,and on and on.

Thank you kindly.  I know this community has been a HUGE blessing to me along my journey and I only hope that I can give back a portion of what you guys have given to me.

Second of all, my inner snarkiness just can't help but chuckle at the quote above. Aren't these speakers behind a screen?

Yes but the plan is to have lighting behind the screen that will illuminate the speakers that can be seen through the screen.

render1.jpg

render2.jpg

• Like 1