PLEASE READ: Exploratory Moderator Nomination Thread

Chad

See you in San Antonio.

Carl, i wouldn't mind seeing you in san antonio or tim duncan…but, i don't want to see the Raiders there. Oakland is home…and there isn't much to like about the place…except that A's being in first place. They need to stay! But, the stupid city chose the A's.

True story Oldtimer…former co-worker, huge dude, die-hard packers fan. when raiders lived in LA, he goes to packers/raiders game with his friend. Some Raider fans pick a fight with his friend and start beating on him. The guy refuses to fight back. My buddy can't watch his friend get beat up so jumps in. Three Raider fans beat him on the cement steps so bad he spends three days in the hospital. It made it television. He hates the Raiders to this day; but, loves Al Davis because he said Al Davis paid his doctor bills--without being sued. out of the blue, he gets a letter from Davis apologizing and offering to pay the bill.

Edited by BigStewMan
  • Like 1

I hope so…i actually love the Oakand colesium; but, it's old and worn out. Not the greatest place to have to leave once the sun goes down. That area tends to get a little crazy and rumors are that some people have even gotten hurt or worse in that neighborhood. Fortunately, it's just a few BART stops to where i used to live.

Edited by BigStewMan
  • Like 1

The ONLY way (at slim to zero odds) another NFL team will come to these parts would be to locate somewhere between San Antonio and Austin. Like you say Carl, it's a duke and a dive to make Oakland build new. BTW, I did go see a Raiders v Cowboys game in Oakland in the 80's. I'll never go to another live. How much make-up can cheerleaders carry on their face?

Edited by USNRET

​immaculate reception, tuck rule … why did you remind me? Funny, i heard john madden tell the story of that pittsburg game. he said he ran onto the field and an official said, "Get off the field, we don't know what happened yet." Madden replied,"i know you don't know what happened, i'm going to tell you what happened."

The ONLY way (at slim to zero odds) another NFL team will come to these parts would be to locate somewhere between San Antonio and Austin. Like you say Carl, it's a duke and a dive to make Oakland build new. BTW, I did go see a Raiders v Cowboys game in Oakland in the 80's. I'll never go to another live. How much make-up can cheerleaders carry on their face?

probably wasn't the cheerleaders…did they have mustaches or just sideburns.