PLEASE READ: Exploratory Moderator Nomination Thread

Chad

• Administrators

Hey all,

The Klipsch Community forums have more or less always been "self-policing", allowing us to be "hands-off" in terms of moderating. But, we'd rather not risk a chance of something that is breaking the rules slipping through the cracks. Therefore, we are thinking it would be best to have a few more active moderators on these forums. Occasionally, things get reported that aren't handled quickly enough, and that's my fault. I'm a pretty busy guy here @ Klipsch, and I don't get to read a lot of the forums here on a daily basis. I check in when I can.

Here is our current list of users with moderator privileges:

Myself

Alex L.

Amy

Steve Phillips

Youthman

Groomlakearea51

dtel's wife

Mallette

Justin_tx_16

jhoak

Some of those people aren't very active here currently, so we need 2-4 more active, trustworthy users to be "promoted" to moderator status. Moderators will have the ability to lock/delete/edit threads as well as access the Moderator Control Panel, which allows Mods to communicate with each other before handling an issue, and assigning permanent/temporary bans if a user does something really bad (that doesn't happen very often, but sometimes spammers slip though our safeguards). Moderators aren't immune from being moderated themselves, BTW. :ph34r: "WHO WATCHES THE WATCHMEN" doesn't apply here. B)

So, please post here with your nominations. Feel free to nominate yourself too. :) If we have a lot of solid nominations, I'll set up a poll so everyone can vote for the top 2-4. If you are nominated and don't wish to be a moderator, be sure to let us know that as well. We have a few candidates in mind, but also want a consensus.

Thanks!

• Like 2

Daddy Dee would probably make a fine moderator.

I'm also intrigued by a 'forum power couple' of dtel and dtel's wife!

We just might see them mentioned in the next Huffington Post article along with these other 'power couples.'

Melinda and Bill Gates

Alan Greenspan and Andrea Mitchell

Will and Jada Pinkett Smith

Victoria and David Beckham

Jay-Z and Beyonce Knowles

Rupert Murdoch and Wendi Deng Murdoch

Les Moonves & Julie Chen

Barry Diller and Diane Von Furstenberg

Barack and Michelle Obama

Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt

I nominate Willand.

Shakey

Shakey,

Thanks for the vote of confidence(or is it satire? :lol: ) but my computer skills are far far less honed than many other folks here on the forum.

I will have to decline the nomination but thanks anyway.

Bill

I nominate Willand.

Shakey

Shakey,

Thanks for the vote of confidence(or is it satire? :lol: ) but my computer skills are far far less honed than many other folks here on the forum.

I will have to decline the nomination but thanks anyway.

Bill

No, it definitely wasn't satire. You have a way of "diffusing situations". You have reigened me in a time or two...... :D