Dishwasher Opinions

Rivernuggets

I use to put my 8th scale nitro rc race buggys and truggys in the dishwasher, or tried it a time or 2(maybe only once lol)...I have bought a couple dishwashers and couldnt tell you a brand for nothing...cant remember the at least 3 pair washer/dryers iv bought as well. The noise was normally soothing and put me to sleep though if they were loud and man some dishwashers are terrible(they just dont clean, or one i had didnt)...

Really though iv found most models you can buy these days are pretty good. Best of luck on your venture! I use paper plates, just kidding. kinda

there is nothing like taking a nice nap as the loud sloshing 30 year old Kenmore does its thing

Ours is a loud and sloshy Maytag. Looks like it's from 1985. Kitchen is close enough to our HT to need a quiet washer, though I see what you mean about it helping with naps.

post-32510-0-26940000-1407213448_thumb.j

Thanks for all your responses. So cool to get advice from real people. You guys are great!

Looks like I'll be researching Samsung, Bosch, and GE (maybe you got a bum model, Maynard?). And maybe a few KitchenAid models.

Was thinking I'd get a few severe 'male' responses, but this was very sincere:

At the end of the day though, I still prefer to watch my beautiful wife standing at the sink washing up a few. Yeah, that's the good stuff right there.

I hear ya. My wife has no idea how much I watch her! :)

Edited by Rivernuggets
  • Like 1

I'd stay away from GE. Although very reliable in terms of daily operation without failure, they are terrible at removing even slightly dried food. We always need to first hand rinse plates and silverware to avoid having them come out soiled.

Maynard

I have to agree totally with that. Not only are dried foods tough to get off, rinsing cycle always leaves a haze of some sort no matter what detergent we use and this is while using Jet-Dry.

Bill

• Administrators

If you have really really dried foods on your dishes, you need to put some elbow grease into your "pre-wash" routine. Until they come up with robotic brushes to scrub your dishes inside the dishwasher, it's the only guaranteed way to get that crap off 'em.

Signed,

Suzie Homemaker

Even when i have say a pair of plates, bowls and forks and i was by hand i wash them forever. Afraid of germs. Hand washing myself im like a 5 cycle. And yes they need scrubbed pretty good before going into the washer so ya gotta scrub them till there good to go even before they are put in the dishwasher so why not 1 more rinse and ad soap then wash them once more and just put the washer on dry cycle....Im sure nobody will read this but when the lights all go out im gonna be leaps ahead! I even got a nice horse and buggy already picked out!