I don't always drink beer, but when I do I don't care what kind.

JL Sargent

Coronas

We were on our way to a party 20 some odd years ago.  Spilled a beverage on my shirt on the way.  Stopped at a liquor store to buy beer and bought what I thought was a Corona T-shirt out of desperation for something to wear.  Didn't realize it until someone pointed it out to me that it said 'Corroded'.  I think Pacifico may have more flavor.  Pretty close to Corroded though.

• Like 1

I'm on a tequila tear at the moment(s)...

My favorite, local Taqueria started offering Margarita "kits" as a to go item. Their hand squeezed citrus blend in a half-full Mason jar.

Add 12 oz. tequila and 5 oz. of either Triple Sec or Cointreau, and WOW.

Beer slows me down, and liquor is quicker for me on both ends.

• Moderators

Better ?  That other pic was taken just for Boxx, like the amber in this last pic.

I don't always take pics of beer, but I always carry a camera when out of town so I take pic's of everything......

The first is Salva Vida, brewed since 1916,  it was in a hut on the side of a mountain in a jungle while waiting for friends and our daughter to zip line, we volunteered to stay behind to get pic's of everyone as they came down the line. We didn't think it would be long so were drinking them kind of fast, only to find out later it was over an hour, I was lucky to get the pics by then. The last pic is them going up in in a truck to the start of the zip........I don't make the cr@p up.

The other is Belkin, a very good beer.  I would rather any beer over the big name breweries in the US, and would drink anything else if all they had was budwiper.

post-9700-0-71640000-1408688392_thumb.jp

post-9700-0-54240000-1408688413_thumb.jp

post-9700-0-60520000-1408688520_thumb.jp

post-9700-0-78600000-1408691137_thumb.jp

Edited by dtel
  • Like 1

My favorite, local Taqueria started offering Margarita "kits" as a to go item. Their hand squeezed citrus blend in a half-full Mason jar.

I love margaritas.  Hate the crap mixes available, like Chi Chi's, etc.. Too sweet, too tart, and too much high fructose corn syrup.  I have gone with just Simply LimeAid, tequila and Triple Sec, but still not satisfied.  Squeezing fresh limes is too inconvenient and expensive.  Is this a local establishment that sells the mix?  Do you have any good recipes for the mix?

• Like 1

• Moderators
I love margaritas. Hate the crap mixes available, like Chi Chi's, etc.. Too sweet, too tart, and too much high fructose corn syrup.

Exactly, never had two that tasted the same.

This stuff is awesome!  Great taste strong as liquor.   They have many varities and they are all good.

Looks good , love the glass and label.

I love margaritas.  Hate the crap mixes available, like Chi Chi's, etc.. Too sweet, too tart, and too much high fructose corn syrup.  I have gone with just Simply LimeAid, tequila and Triple Sec, but still not satisfied.  Squeezing fresh limes is too inconvenient and expensive.  Is this a local establishment that sells the mix?  Do you have any good recipes for the mix?

Local establishment, yes, but I am enough of a regular that they shared the recipe.

1.75 Liter Silver Tequila - They use Cien Anos

750 Ml Triple Sec - They use Bols

19 oz. fresh lemon juice

19 oz. fresh line juice

5 oz. sugar

35 oz. water

Be sure to completely dissolve the sugar in the water before adding everything else. Powerful stuff.

• Like 3

• Moderators
As i post in the C&C thread. It's just past 9am, Corona would be a little rough this early.

No way, when we would go camping I would drink beer while cooking breakfast for everyone, also put hot sauce in my grits, our girls thought pink grits were hilarious.

Anyway if you were up all night it would taste the same at 9 AM, or a daiquiri with coffee and beignets at café du monde.