Holy crap I need help

mustang guy

I have 20 speakers (10 pair); I only started this madness in February, However, I am done! Haven't bought a speaker in two months.

I'M CURED!!!!

RIGHT.  Seems I heard you bought more stereo gear after swearing you were done..

What's different know.  Once an audio addict,  Always a audio addict.

Be sure to post about more conquests that cause you to add to your collection.

Looks like I am the odd man out here. I have only one system that is dedicated to two channel and I try to keep ONE pair of speakers that float my boat in the room at all times. I have owned ~30 different pairs of speakers over the last few years, but they come and go pretty often. I should have a revolving door. I think the longest stay for any one pair was approaching two years. I guess I get bored easily.....

Shakey

You guys make me look like a rookie. I've got 12 klipsch. Cornwall III's (1pair), 2 pairs of Heresys, and 5 KLF's plus a klipsch sub in a 5.1 HT. Been more into upgrading electronics the past few years than speakers. For the right deal, that could change! Cheers to all.

I have sold tons of speakers, but they were all KPT-100's. I had 50 of them. I restored them and sold them right here mostly. 

I am willing to sell the balance of my KPT gear. It is almost all restored now. That would be three KPT-904-LF, two KPT-684, and ten KPT-200. I am in zip code 26101 if anybody is interested. I don't want to ship them.

I have sold tons of speakers, but they were all KPT-100's. I had 50 of them. I restored them and sold them right here mostly. 

I am willing to sell the balance of my KPT gear. It is almost all restored now. That would be three KPT-904-LF, two KPT-684, and ten KPT-200. I am in zip code 26101 if anybody is interested. I don't want to ship them.

Where are you keeping all that stuff?  Those are all pretty big, and I'm sure I've seen some of it, but not all of it.  Are those KPT-684's (dual 18" subs) in front of the couch, right and left?

Edited by wvu80

I solved my speaker addiction by focusing on my guitar addiction (which is stronger and often more expensive).

Just curious, what kind of guitars? Pics? 

Hopefully, i remember when i get home tonight to post pictures.  But, 60th Anniversary Stratocaster (desert sand with gold hardware), Brian May Rhapsody Acoustic (Red Cherry...absolutely  beautiful), Gretsch Double Jet (Gold), Epiphone's version of the Gibson ES-175 (sunburst), two Portuguese Violas (Unfinished. Hand made by my Grandpa and his brother, both 12 strings), then several others lying around waiting for the arrival of the Rickenbacker 366.

Edited by BigStewMan
  • Like 1

Where are you keeping all that stuff?  Those are all pretty big, and I'm sure I've seen some of it, but not all of it.  Are those KPT-684's (dual 18" subs) in front of the couch, right and left?

All of it is at the shop.

2 of these have holes in the bottom for pole attachment. 3 of them are unrestored.

B0A782C0-FDC1-41B0-AF23-3F910B424D8A.jpg

3 of the KPT-200's restored, and the KPT-684-LF hasn't been yet:

01AB3DE8-9F1B-4BE8-801D-53C9CDEF6FBB.jpg

1 restored and 1 unrestored KPT-684. Painted with Duratex, and all drivers brand spankin new.

7DD72671-970D-4711-A24B-14FB1278381A.jpg

2 restored KPT-904-LF's. Again Duratex.

0D979203-4753-4B25-AC58-8DB6C9BAAE23.jpg

Edited by mustang guy

I just did an inventory of speakers, and I have 32 Klipsch speakers and 29 non-Klipsch speakers.

This does not include cars or computers, and I have 2 promedia setups.

Why would a sane person have this?  I must be insane!

Hi I'm Craig and I'm a Klipscha- audioholic................

Thanks for sharing ;)

Very cool list, especially that Rickenbacker, that's one of the best looking guitars ever made, mid 60's? Pics would be awesome. Do you play much?

i agree that the Rickenbacker is the best looking guitar ever ... i play most everyday--although with arthritis in both hands now--barre chords are murder and short-lived.