Finally got speakers for my garage.. ; )

javelin

Been looking and searching for speakers for my garange and my patience finally paid off.

Introducing my '86 Heresy I HBR!  Got the pair for $300 and I thought it was too good to pass.

I set them up just below the ceiling angled between 20-25 degrees and the sound coming

from these speakers are just beautiful and astounding. They're like mini-Scala... ; )

Connected to my old Pioneer 5.1 receiver, I left the FM radio running and went into the house

then my daughter said, dad, what is that thumping sound coming from? Then...we started dancing

to the beat...hehee

I do lots of work in the garage so this new set is just going to make it that much more

enjoyable when getting my hands dirty changing oils, etc.

post-26004-0-46440000-1410815987_thumb.j

post-26004-0-40960000-1410815992_thumb.j

post-26004-0-10800000-1410816005_thumb.j

• Like 5

• Moderators

You say you do a lot of work out there you really needed those, very nice, Congratulations.

If you turn them upside-down you might get a little more bass, and the horns will be closer to you head, something to try later when you get bored. :lol:

• Like 1

Thanks all!

I love these speakers. They played the same music and this time my son joined the dance! hahaa...lol 

The music is by Rick James, Super Freak..... ;O

BTW, I'm glad I've angled the speakers down; keeps the noise from bleeding out to my neighbors...hehee

Love it!

You say you do a lot of work out there you really needed those, very nice, Congratulations.

If you turn them upside-down you might get a little more bass, and the horns will be closer to you head, something to try later when you get bored. :lol:

Ha!  I will definitely try it out...will do so this weekend...hehehe thanks! ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I got bored so I turned them upside-down...found the sweet spot in the middle, and I could not distinguish any difference...before and after...I may have blown my ear-fuse from them La Scala in the basement HT that my ears aren't as sensitive as they used to be ...hehehee : )

Thanks all!

I love these speakers. They played the same music and this time my son joined the dance! hahaa...lol 

The music is by Rick James, Super Freak..... ;O

BTW, I'm glad I've angled the speakers down; keeps the noise from bleeding out to my neighbors...hehee

Love it!

Its a celebration b!#(#%&! :lol:

• Like 1

you might want to protect them from dust and dirt all you have to do is to slide a green garbage bag over them and tape it snug, you won't lose a bit of sound quality at all. This is also a smart thing to do when you have speakers outside to protect them from rain. Congrats on your new acquisition. Best regards Moray James.

• Like 2

• Moderators
javelin, on 24 Sept 2014 - 11:34 AM, said:javelin, on 24 Sept 2014 - 11:34 AM, said:

dtel, on 15 Sept 2014 - 7:27 PM, said:dtel, on 15 Sept 2014 - 7:27 PM, said:

I got bored so I turned them upside-down...found the sweet spot in the middle, and I could not distinguish any difference...before and after...I may have blown my ear-fuse from them La Scala in the basement HT that my ears aren't as sensitive as they used to be ...hehehee : )

It may not make a difference, a garage is pretty big, your usually not standing close to the speaker so it may not make any difference, plus you angled them down which probably helped ? The only reason I said that was I had heard about flipping them before, and I used some heresy's in a bar outside, when sitting they were only at most about 10' away and kind of high. So I angled them down a good bit and flipped them so the top horns were closer to aiming where I wanted. Never tried them upright so I can't compare ? 

Bet it's a lot nicer to do things in the garage with it sounding good out there. If you have wifi and a way to connect your phone to your Pioneer, Pandora or Spotify or any other streaming is much nicer than FM and even the free versions are much less commercials Vs FM.

Edited by dtel
  • Like 1

you might want to protect them from dust and dirt all you have to do is to slide a green garbage bag over them and tape it snug, you won't lose a bit of sound quality at all. This is also a smart thing to do when you have speakers outside to protect them from rain. Congrats on your new acquisition. Best regards Moray James.

That's a great idea!  In fact, I'm going to cover them up with those brown-paper lawn bags to keep it aesthetic... ; )  You're keeping me busy...hehee

That's a great idea!  In fact, I'm going to cover them up with those brown-paper lawn bags to keep it aesthetic... ; )  You're keeping me busy...hehee

I am sure that you will have some great times working in the garage now. So long as you find out what tunes your neighbors like (and keep them in your play rotation) there should not be any complaints. Best regards Moray James.