Newbie On A/V Systems

rcooper

Good Morning guys. I have just purchased a Sony 7.2 STR-DH750 and (2) Of The Dual Referance R26F speakers. Starting slow.....I have read about people doing bi-amp wich my sony will do. Is there any advantage to doing this with only 2 speakers. Any other advice would be great. I have them setup as front.

Also Great to be a part of this form Now!

Thanks,

Robert

Robert,

Welcome to the forum.

I say no but some(very few) on this forum may say yes.

With AVR "bi-amping", you are using the same component with the same power supply to "enhance" the sound, which in my experience does not add any more detail, power, punch, than running it the conventional way.

Bill

• Like 2

Great so just hooked up the speakers to the front channels. I guess sounds good lol.

It will sound good until you hear something better. ;)  :D 

Boy i have a lot to learn

7.5 years on this forum and I am still learning.

Bill 

Cooper welcome. Here is my suggestion. Take your rf-26f's back. I'm sure you payed retail for them plus tax. Once you get your money back google acoustic sound design. Call their phone number. Mike will answer he is the owner. Ask for the Klipsch rf-62ii. You will get them for almost the exact price. Guaranteed. They are higher end models for the same price. You can thank me later. Then down the road you can get the rc-62ii to match. MUCH higher end center than the new reference line. The new reference line replaced the icon series from best buy. But the ref ii line are still higher end models. Just google pics and look at the horn size difference. Then when you get surrounds get either rs-42ii or 52ii. Get them all from mike. The deal you will get when you call will blow your mind.

When you get ready for a sub look into Svs, psa, hsu. All internet direct companies but they offer more bang for your buck and much higher quality subwoofers with great customer service and stellar warranties.

That's my advice. Get you a higher end setup for the same price. We all have learned from our mistakes and try to share the wealth of knowledge we have with the new comers.

Once again welcome! This is a great community

• Like 1

I got the Set for around 600 I thought was high LOL I am cheap....I have 15days to get back to gainesville its like over an hr drive but looking into the other set will be good as well Thanks for the advice

Which Gainesville?

Bill

Yeah i miss being down there Heck I might know him hard to say though been away from there for 13 yrs now Where i am now I have to drive an Hr any direction to see a movie LOL

But we have a super walmart LMAO

Welcome to the forum!

If you stick around long enough, you won't be driving anywhere to see a movie!

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum!

I would do as scrappy says. The RF-62 II's are truly a superior speaker, and if you can get ahold of them for the same price as the Best Buy version, go for it. Man...I'm gonna have to start delegating and holding my tongue saying that stuff soon. :lol:

Just remember Reference II > Reference

• Like 1

I agree with trading up to RF-62s. They use nicer materials in the drivers providing a significant step up in sound quality.

I've heard the new Reference(icon) line, and they do sound just fine, but with pricing being equal there is no reason to pass up a pair of Reference IIs.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Welcome to the forums Cooper.  I was born & raised in Plant City.  :D   Some solid advice given here and a great community as well.

Funny. I know a guy in Plant City with a pair of Rf5's for sale. As a matter fact he may chime in.

Sorry, a guy bought my RF-5's last night.