Went a little "old school" with my XMC-1

totalcomfort

Got bored and went to the BIL wood shop. Wanted to add a little of the old school look, back when most

gear came in a wood case. Built some wood trim for the xmc and my amps. These are black walnut with

gun stock oil on them. The picture makes them look lighter than they really are.

DSC02486.jpg

DSC02488.jpg

• Like 2

Love it.

I kind of like that look.  Vintage look with modern technology. :emotion-21:  :emotion-21:

yamaha-a-s1000.jpg

yamaha-cd-s1000.jpg

Got the amp here but hoping for the $$$ to get the matching CD/SACD player.

Then cutting and clear coating some natural cherry wood to match my RB-75's and stands. :D

Bill

Edited by willland

Looks great! I haven't seen wood trim on Emotiva products before, very original.

Time for some center support braces on the rack or is the wide angle of the lens making them look bowed?

ive seen it a few times on the emo forum. It's pretty cool looking. Wish you could change the led color to a soft white vs the led. Then you really would have the vintage look with modern tech.

Time for some center support braces on the rack or is the wide angle of the lens making them look bowed?

Yes they are slightly bowed, going to pull the shelves and add a 3/4 brace down the middle.

They are made out of 3/4 oak plywood I guess I need to buy lighter gear!! LOL

Yes they are slightly bowed, going to pull the shelves and add a 3/4 brace down the middle.

They are made out of 3/4 oak plywood I guess I need to buy lighter gear!! LOL

You could flip them upside down for a while and straighten them out before you brace.  I've had to do that in my kitchen before.

• Like 1