Glamorous Glennis

Boxx

Boxx-

You scared me. I thought General Yeager had died. I'm glad to report that this 91 year old hero (and Indy 500 pace car driver) is still with us.

And to think he made that flight with the full use of only one arm.

Edited by DizRotus

I saw yeager in action first hand  A flight back in the eighties was delayed for a mechanical issue.  It was a 727, pretty old by then.  He acted like a first rate jackass.  It was quite curious considering what his knowledge should have been.  Instead you would have thought he was a first time passenger who paid their life savings to get from point A to point B in X amount of time.

Greatest generation my butt.  How many of our current day problems trace back to them?   Greatest hyped generation more like it.  Thank you Tom Brokaw.

LOL, that's what the younger generations will be saying about us, and what even younger generations will be saying about them, and so on...   All victims of their parents and grandparents.  They all ruined it for us!

Thanks for taking the gauntlet Jeff.  Guess what?  The children of the "greatest" were saying that earlier in their lives.  Then they realized the gravy train set up for them.  Now its all how great they were.  So the baby boomers ( the greatests children) are sucking the country dry until they die.  After that the rest will have to pick up the pieces.  In summary, the greatest were the worst parents, spawning the baby boomers, the most representative of which would be Bill and Hillary Clinton.  of course there is more, but in the interest of conversation, enough said.

As Jim Morrison said

You're all a bunch of sheep.

Edited by oldtimer

After that the rest will have to pick up the pieces.

What pieces?  The debt nobody will ever repay?  If you want to get right down to it, as a purely practical matter, I do not think we have the power to bind the unborn, nor do I think the unborn have to be bound by us.  If they want to repudiate the debt, then, that's what they need to do.  If they want to suffer with it, then, that's what they need to do.  It's their call.  

When we were born, we were born naked - just like everyone before us and everyone who will follow.  When we were born, we did not have the internet and cell phones, but we invented them.  Let them invent the ways to deal with their problems and challenges.  It's nice to exhibit some amount of stewardship for future generations, but I am far from buying into any argument that "the planet is ruined" or "humanity is hopeless," and the like.

My Grandfather carved his name on the inside of this plane. He was an electrical engineer at Bell and was hired as part of the crew to help build it. I would love to see inside and find it one day. The entire crew have their names inside.......somewhere?.......He left Bell after the X-2b project. I know he had his hands on a number of the X-1's & 2's......If you look on the X-2 page in wiki, he is in the group crew shot........front row, eighth from the left.... :emotion-21:​.....I can't load the pic, it's too big. He is the bald one with the white tucked in shirt and black pants... :cool:

Thanks Boxx!

Edited by Audio Android
  • Like 1