My Pretty New Toys

Scrappydue

Well some of you know i recently sold my RF-63 theater in search of something else for my living room. i knew of only one thing i wanted for sure. something very pretty to look at. i really wanted a ribbon setup but wasn't sure i could afford one. and i was looking a a few different brands. Salk, Ascend made the cut due to their ribbon offerings and then focal 800 series made the cut due to their price. well as much as i kept looking at the focal for the price i kept getting drawn back to the salks due to the gorgeous offerings they had. plus i had heard them once and knew they sounded amazing. 

well i finally found some salks that were across the country and they guy was offering only local pickup. so i made a post on facebook and my father in law just so happened to be heading towards kansas city. i made a call and then bought the speakers. they were picked up and survived the trip in the back of a truck with a camper shell. 

i only bought the front three as that is what the seller had. not sure what he had for rears if any at all. so without any more talking here are a few pics if my new Salk SongTower RT's and SongCenter RT:

15558544605_f97f63732a_b.jpg

15534834226_013a253b84_b.jpg

15559377292_5b578d7a16_b.jpg

15372529967_a24aac7b63_b.jpg

15372400478_3540f8058e_b.jpg

15534830856_3d6c785d61_b.jpg

• Like 6

The finish on the is curly cherry with black dye and burst edging. they really are gorgeous and pictures really dont do them justice. i took a ton but these were the best of them. these woofers are seomthing else. i have seen similar before on some dali's but its just funny looking. almost like a pulp when they treat the woofers. 

15534830016_f970f2ed00_b.jpg

the sound? well so far they are everything i remember about the salks i heard before. they are so SMOOTH. the ribbons dont ever sound harsh. which is what i expected from the RAAL tweeters they use in them. its funny because usually i would call that a more laid back sound? but these things are so crisp. it really is amazing. the midbass like in drums and what not seem to be more full at lower volumes than my rf-63's. now anything can be EQ'ed but i like to know what a speaker can do with no eq and these have a fuller sound to them than my reference speakers did.

now any draw backs? of course. everything has somewhat of a drawback id say. these are not theater speakers. they do not play at extreme volume. that is ok with me as i didnt buy them for that. that is what the basement is for. and i really think my low end denon doesnt do justice to them either. so will probably be on the lookout for something a little nicer. 

• Like 1