Sherbourn Amp Problems

Youthman

• Moderators

Someone stated online that "Sherbourn warranties are not transferable, regardless of where you bought the unit from."  If that is the case, they are not obligated to repair it.

I'm finding reviews of the 7/2100 (not sure if that's different than the 7/2100a that I have) from 2004 - 2007. 

There is no doubt this beast is worth repairing considering it was $3500 new.  I'm headed to Snowshoe, WV to do some snowboarding for a few day.  Will check on local repair shops when I get back.

• Like 1

• Moderators
And I don't think they are doing warranty EXCEPT for the products they cleared out like the 7-350 when emotiva purchased the company.

I think you are correct Scrappy.  She stated "Legacy" products were no longer under warranty. 

I just thought the response could have been a little nicer/ more caring?

That was my thought too.  If I were the VP, I would have worded it a little differently but that's just me.  :D

• Like 1

I finally heard back from Emotiva

Cathy Laufman replied:

Customer support and warranty service is no longer available on any Sherbourn Technologies, Inc. legacy products.

Sherbourn Technologies LLC, closed in July 2013

Thank you,

Customer Support ?????

Emotiva Audio Corporation

Cathy Laufman

Vice President

Emotiva Audio Corporation

www.emotiva.com

I agree with everybody else who has commented, that is the worst answer I've ever seen from somebody who is supposed to be a VP of  "customer support."

How busy is she?  She couldn't say "I'm sorry your amp isn't working, try dealer XYZ in your area, maybe they can help." 

Or at the VERY least "I'm sorry your Sherborne isn't working, but we have some fine Emotive Amps should you decide you need a replacement.  Because we value you as a customer, please accept this discount code of 5% on a new product.  Please let me know if there is anything else I can do."

NOT very perceptive to know that a customer with a broken product is a very likely prospect to buy a new product if treated with respect and given even a little help.

I'm sorry, but that's Customer NO Support.   :angry:

Edited by wvu80
  • Like 2

Thanks for the link on the relay necessary in the event I have an issue with mine.  I live in small town and the local electronic shop is just a bunch of hacks.  I would have to drive it somewhere to get the relay's replaced if need be.  The main reason I parted with the DBX's was the company went out of business and parts and schematics were made of unobtanium.  Now it appears I am in the same boat again.

Perhaps a quartet of quality two-channel amps might be in my future.

Hope you get it sorted out Youth.

• Moderators

Afraid not Max. This guy won't ever be spending that kind of coin on my system. I bartered for my Sherbourn amp so I have no money invested in it, just many hours of my time. I have a nice setup but honestly, I have very little invested in it.

their response kills me.  I would think that they would at least offer you repair services for it at a cost because they did make those beasts.  its a really disappointing response.

hopefully you can find a good local repair shop to look into it.  maybe emotiva can get you the schematics for it so that your repair tech has a better idea.

I can see them recommending an authorized repair center but, you will have to pay for things not under warranty.  Yamaha had a recall on some of it 30 yr. old amp and fix the amp problem for no cost to the consumer but, this is rare compared to raw meat in busincess, lol.

• Like 1

I can see them recommending an authorized repair center but, you will have to pay for things not under warranty.  Yamaha had a recall on some of it 30 yr. old amp and fix the amp problem for no cost to the consumer but, this is rare compared to raw meat in busincess, lol.

That is excellent warranty response by Yamaha... Do you know what the problem was? Was it a fire hazard or something like that?