Klipsch (?) MCM 4-way and 3-way--CL in St. Louis MO

JiminSTL

Folks, I have been in touch with the seller for the MCMs and MWMs.  He seems to be highly motivated to sell, I didn't want to make an offer as I wouldn't be able to get out that way for a couple of weeks. If someone was able to set on a pair of MWMs for me I would make and offer for a pair.  But if anyone is interested he told me he wouldn't be offended by any offer, as he plans to have them sold in the next week.

Did that once for my friend, Brandon (Opus).  But his were just a taaaad smaller.

I mean:

• How do you pick out a "good" pair?  Or what someone else would consider satisfactory?
  • I suspect that more than just a few $ will be necessary to make the deal????
  • Then, it looks like you need a forklift to put the things into a good-sized pickup?
  • Can't leave them out in the St. Louis winter weather.  "Extra" space in the garage?

The logistics seem to be formidable.  Probably not impossible, but formidable.

• Like 1

Did that once for my friend, Brandon (Opus). But his were just a taaaad smaller.

And I appreciated the assist.  :)

They were a pair Heresy sized speakers, a little easier to pick up and hold for someone.

Another friend visited the area and brought them home to me. :D

Edited by opusk2k9

I was kinda jumping the gun on someone holding them. As I would still like to check with a local guy, who claims to have a folded horn cabinet. My buddy said something that it might be from Klipsch. But only has a single 15. So maybe it's a single mwm. Anyway if they are gone in a couple of weeks no biggie, my loss. If I can work something out to make it out that way I still might in a couple of weeks.

Thanks for posting these.

Paging Colter...

go away lol - hey I've been through two sets of these. This is probably a great find you guys. Pricing wise I've given about a grand for any halfway decent looking set but all mine have been the split/fibreglass/trim models.  TAKE STRONG BACKS - those MWM are 288 pounds, that's why they have 8 handles on them. Best bet for moving is put them on their *** end on a wheel board ( I see some in the background that appear to have wheels bolted on for this). Take drill driver to open woofer hatch doors to check for Klipsch models, which being theater they're probably original K43. If they come from PA land I've seen all kinds of woofers in there. Get the correct network if you're buying one set. There are 3 and 4 ways, and also different models for older MSM that contain a single Gauss driver (vs the 4x K55v + manifold).   Take some fuses just in case, you can use about anything but correct value for a MWM is a 4amp. 

• Like 1

It's a cinema array, unless someone wants to utilize as a humongo LCR system, if someone bought this whole lot, you'd have one pair 4 way, one pair 3 way, and one pair of 3/4 way.

The best solution I see would be to locate/build another MSSM so you'd have a second 4 way system.  Crossovers are easy to modify to make it all work. That would be three pairs of MCM1900 + the four extra MWM cabinet. 

Edited by colterphoto1

My back hurts just seeing that pic. We got a pair of doubles from jwc, but they didn't have handles. Those were really tough to move. We put them pointing to the sky on a four wheel dolly. Just about the only way...

Bruce