House of Klipsch- NEW STUFF ADDED DAILY

colterphoto1

It's starting to sound like the best plan of action for this KP600 system is for me to finish the build out.  I do have three Crown MT1200 amps here and numerous other ones, as well as a Rane stereo three-way crossover, that should be able to be configured to a mono 4 or 5 way system. If I can get another one of those and sell one other amp I could build up a complete turn key system for somebody.  That way not only could I breathe life back into these behemoths, but hear and tweak them properly, and the buyer could hear them in action. There have been so many questions about them that it just doesn't sound feasible to sell them in current condition. 

I have a 1700 ft2 facility here, with the purpose being to tinker with speakers - this is the ideal project I have the space, tools, and know-how. Time to get busy. 

• Like 5

I've got a serious interest in the KP600.  Still working on the wife angle for..........(sigh) permission.

If it works, they would be the front channels, supplanting the Jubilee's.  They would pull double-duty and be pulled outdoors when we do our outdoor movies (and I'd get rid of the MWM's)

If they don't work inside as mains, I'd just hang onto them for outdoor movies and they'd supplant the MWM's.

If they came inside, I'd probably sell the two Danley DTS-10's since they're not getting permission yet to enter the room....and these (hahahahahahahahaha to the wife!) already have subs built in!  Take THAT M'Lady!!!  You don't want two Danley's in the room with two 12" drivers each?  No problem.....I'll bring in two KP 600's that have the subs built in with two 18" drivers each....mwahahahahaha.

So yeah....  I'm very interested if you maintain their eligability.

Been quiet so far as I've only brought this up once with the wife....testing the waters if you will.....  and little was said.

now, does 'little being said' mean that "little" was said or that what was said was SO "little" tha I need to be careful? :ph34r:

• Like 1

I've got a serious interest in the KP600.  Still working on the wife angle for..........(sigh) permission.

Oh, Richard, forget worrying about the permission angle.  It's always better to seek forgiveness than permission and you MUST have these.  There is no more perfect setup for your outdoor gig than the KP-600s.

I had a pair for several months and they are, quite simply, the pinnacle of Klipsch pro PA.  The three cabinets strap to a wheeled dolly making them easy (relatively) to roll around flat surfaces.  You could load these on your tractor forks and moving them around outside as a single stack, all strapped together.  And the sound??  OH, MY!!!

Now, using them indoors is going to be like driving a top fuel dragster from the garage to the mail box at the end of the drive . . . .

Edited by bhendrix
  • Like 1

60th Anniversaries came in one finish - lacewood with piano black glossy lacquer tops. As seen on the Klipsch website. 

N/A on the Jubilees yet. Someone propose me what a nice low hours well cared for set is going for. I wipe the dust off them every couple months, they're in a room I hardly ever visit. 

For those interested, the new basement theater system will be three KPT904's across the front, Klipsch THX sub system, and KPT250x 3 for rear/surround duty. I might keep the Cornwall III and use them for rear surround and the 250's for side. Haven't built the room yet. Bought a Samsung 60PN7000 Plasma used the other day, it's their second from top of line, with the SmartTV features and all. I've been really happy with my little 42" in the main room. 

hi michael ,   which amplifiers will you be using for this  combination  to sound perfect - and how big is your room - for the subs that you are using - I am a bit confused given the 904's - which sub or subs are these -

Edited by Randyh
  • Like 1

The new HT is not designed yet. It's not a very esoteric answer but I've always just used higher-end Yamaha HT receivers. Have a RXV2600 in the LS/CW hearth room theater now. Also a RXV2400 with no HDMI is in box. I might try to utilize it in the theater, routing all HDMI through the Samsung 60" and taking an optical out from TV to AVR since it has that input.

It'll be either 6 channel mode with three KPT250's main LR and single rear center, or 7 channel with two KPT250's for mains and the Cornwall III's for rear surround duty set to LARGE. I really like having CW behind me, gives a nice whump instead of thin surround sound.

So not terribly complicated, no.  

• Like 1

(snip)

If they came inside, I'd probably sell the two Danley DTS-10's since they're not getting permission yet to enter the room....and these (hahahahahahahahaha to the wife!) already have subs built in!  Take THAT M'Lady!!! 

You don't want two Danley's in the room with two 12" drivers each?  No problem.....I'll bring in two KP 600's that have the subs built in with two 18" drivers each....mwahahahahaha.

(snip)

I think you're on the right track here, but you need to ratchet things up, not just convincing the wife you're crazy, but that you're getting worse. 

You know, like telling her you'd like to have Llamas (they come as a pair for companionship and need special fencing), or that you would like to have a goat for a house pet, that sort of thing.

I just think sneaking giant KP 600's into the house and hoping she doesn't notice isn't going to work. 

But I like the way you think.  B)

Edited by wvu80
  • Like 1

Bad news there is....  she grew up with her family owning a second property....  a farm.  (this is where we live today but it's non-working)

She'd LOVE to have some Llamas and goats, especially those sleeping (?) goats that fall down whenever they get scared.  She thinks they're cute.

A neighbor of ours has Llamas and she loves the serenity of their land with the animals just loafing around.

No....  a Llama threat won't work.

Keep thinking...

• Like 3

Did my sale thread really just dissolve into a discussion about goats, and from my most frequent buyer? 

Just trying to keep things interesting Michael!  Geez, all this talk about speakers, and amps, and million dollar speaker cables gets old after a while!!

I promise not to talk about a herd of goats again, at least until I get to Hope in April....

• Like 2

Details on the round in-ceiling speakers. 

http://www.klipsch.com/ic-650-in-ceiling-speaker/details

Rectangular in-wall speakers 

http://www.klipsch.com/iw-50-in-wall-speaker/details

Single Reference surround in cherry vinyl (not available in stores, this was a factory sample) 

http://www.klipsch.com/rs-52/details

Edited by colterphoto1