New 2 channel setup

shadco

Shadco,

Welcome to the forum.

Chorus or Chorus II's?

Nice rig by the way.

Bill

II s and my heart is beating out of my chest right now and it's not from carrying them up stairs.

Closet find beautiful condition consecutive serial numbers and wringing more out my 400 than I have ever heard.

Raleigh

Edited by shadco

Ya man. Very cool for sure! You brought back some memories of my father's Wharfedale W90D's...... I have yet to this very day, heard a pair of speakers with the bass those things had.... They could fill a 20' X 30' room with with tremendous bass, no problem at all, and with a Sansui 5000A (53wpc) no less. I am still looking for a pair that is fully intact.

Edited by paul79

Nice setup! So I have to ask how does the McIntosh gear compared to the Fisher 400 with the Chorus II ? What is the history on the Fisher 400?

The Fisher got the lions share of the play today, I did swap the Mac in for a couple of albums today, it sounded great but the soundstage on the Fisher is mesmerizing.

It came from the guy that was working on my original fisher that developed a problem with 1 output tranny. He swapped his for mine. It was basically a closet find that spent most of its life in its original carton.

It has been completely reworked, modded power supply there is a detailed thread on AK where a bunch of fellows collaborated on strategies to refurb and stabilize these units, it has all the mods done including a really ingenious way to overcome the power switch problem that plagues these by incorporating a relay to protect the switch.

It has nos quality tubes thru out that are fresh, 12ax7s are rca black plates, 50s tung sols, nos Westinghouses in all the right places he's spent a long time rolling tubes to achieve really good results, the 7868s are a nice quad of matched sylvainia,s. All caps are new and top shelf and his mods to the phono stage are really good too.

The Macs have recently been dewicked and the 2505 is nice and strong.

post-60762-0-25040000-1422760773_thumb.j

Edited by shadco

I just swapped out my Wharfedale W60s with something from Klipsch, and joined yesterday

I must say its a big improvement.

chorus 2 are very good in the bass section -good choice -were did you get these - ebay