I finally met her.

sputnik

Lucky You.

I agree. Just saw her yesterday on a Live at Lincoln Center concert, 100 year anniversary tribute to Woody Guthrie. 1st class all the way!

Edited by artto

That is really cool. Where was that? Did you see her perform a full set or does she do a couple of songs these days?

It was an evening concert here in Bozeman MT on Valentines Day in a small old downtown theater.  She was here for Valentines day two years ago too.  She started right on time at 8 and she went straight through with no break til around 9:45. Just her standing playing her guitar with a piano back-up.  She also played the piano herself for a couple of songs.  She included fascinating narrative between songs and broke into a few verses while describing some of her experiences.  So with those short samplers, we got to hear more than a full set. 

She looked incredibly fit and happy.  She was wearing boots and a skirt with a hemline above her knees and looked great.  From the tenth row I would've thought she was in her twenties.  Up close, she was enchanting.  I'd still want be a groupie.

I saw her a few times over 40 years ago and her voice was as clear and strong as ever throughout her full range.  She hit the highs as well as on her old studio recordings.  Time has been very good to her and I was told she maintains a pretty rigorous physical and voice training regimen.  She said that she does 120 concerts a year and was heading to Portland for the next night.  All this at 75.

I saw Judy last year at the Westbury theater in the round, in concert with Don Mclean and she sounded fabulous. Don could hit the high notes pretty well too! It was interesting when they started talking about music that's written today as compared to 20 to 50 years ago. It wasn't pretty and I in fact agree with them - no chord progression or time shift or even just plain chords!