Pair of KLF-30's for $500 in UT!

twk123

Please, "get thee behind me"--I drove from St. Louis to Minneapolis a few months ago for a pair of KLF-10s.  Of course, the purchase also included a KLF-C7, and the LF-10 that was recently inquired about here (that few had any familiarity with).

Drove up--approximately 530 miles, made the purchase, and drove back (taking only a 1 1/4 hour detour while lost in Des Moines, and a couple of short Navy power naps).  Returned nearly exactly 24 hours after departure.

Worth every penny, and every minute of effort--on a not-so-young body!

• Like 2

I would love for these to go to an enthusiast. There is a reseller in Lehi that could grab them at any min. A few months back there were some KLF-30's for sale for $600 with a center and he bought them and re-listed them for $899. He even stole the guys photo:

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=218&ad=33785006&cat=&lpid=&search=klipsch&ad_cid=4

There are tons of speakers on sale at CL in Lehi that i suspect are his that are market value. IMHO Klipsch speakers are not stocks, let enthusiasts get lucky with a deal to enjoy the sound, dont swallow up the market to try to make a buck...

https://saltlakecity.craigslist.org/search/sss?query=klipsch&sort=rel

(Notice all the lehi listings)

Edited by twk123

I gave $300 for a pair out of Austin awhile back and finally got them here about Christmas. Straying to get them to sound right in my living room and "like" them. Bass is a little lacking compared to my CF-3's which is odd. Gonna try bi-amping and see how that works out.

I gave $300 for a pair out of Austin awhile back and finally got them here about Christmas. Straying to get them to sound right in my living room and "like" them. Bass is a little lacking compared to my CF-3's which is odd. Gonna try bi-amping and see how that works out.

Something doesn't sound right. I would ohm the woofers to see what they are.

KLF30 having less bass than CF3? Sounds like something is not right.

My thoughts exactly...  Even my wife said, "what happened?"

That's what I paid for my 30's , best 500 bucks I ever spent.... AVGUYTX Mine have tons of Bass.. perhaps your not powering them with enough go juice. I'm running a 90 watt amp.

I'm using a Carver M-1.0t MkII Opt 002 (heavily upgraded) which is about 450wpc.  I don't think there's a shortage of power.  The CF-3's and the other speakers I own have ton o' bass with this amp and even the smaller M-200t (120wpc).

Something doesn't sound right. I would ohm the woofers to see what they are.

Did that already.  I want to say all 4 were 5.8-ohm each and I know all were in phase.  Believe me, I can hear when somethings out of phase.  25 years in A/V and I could pick out when speakers were wired wrong on dealers' displays/showrooms when I was a rep.  But my Norman Lab Model 9's, JBL L100t's, Infinity RSIIIa's and even a 2 pair stacked set of old Dynaco A25's have more bass.  Rather odd.  After my carpul tunnel surgery heals up, I'll dig into them more.  I may try to bi-amp them this weekend and see what happens.

Edited by avguytx
  • Like 1

I was tempted to buy one of those two pairs of CF-4's that were on ebay awhile back but decided not to.  Especially since both pairs went for $400 and under.  I would've sold my CF-3's to make up for it, too.  I thought about getting a one way flight up north then rent a car to bring them back.  Should have I guess.

Edited by avguytx

Hopefully I will them figured out. Not giving up hope just yet.

Could it be your room acoustics? Maybe you are sitting in a null at the bass frequencies? I watched a lecture and they said that being 20% from the back wall of the room is the best position for standing waves.

I was tempted to buy one of those two pairs of CF-4's that were on ebay awhile back but decided not to.  Especially since both pairs went for $400 and under.  I would've sold my CF-3's to make up for it, too.  I thought about getting a one way flight up north then rent a car to bring them back.  Should have I guess.

There are a pair of CF-3 v1 listed in that CL listing for Utah.  The seller wants $1500 for them.

If they would sell for that, you could have sold your CF-3's and bought BOTH sets of CF-4's!  B)

Edited by wvu80