Cruise to the Edge 2015

BigStewMan

i know our friend Michael Colter will be aboard; but, i’m going to have to seriously consider going…i just looked at the line up…wow!  As if YESS isn’t enough…Martin Barre is going to be there…fantastic guitar player (i know you folks are familiar with those guitar riffs in those Jethro Tull tunes) and Spocks Beard--not widely known; but, they’re a great prog rock band.  And it’s on a boat … 

• Like 2

• Moderators

Have seen Yes many, many times, all with n ... until last year at the ACL theater, about 400 people, I was blown away. Wakeman was noticeably absent, but Howe, squire and White were never better, I think they have done nothing but improved.

To "hang" with that band for a few days with a "few" of my closest friends on a cruise would be incredible. Nektar and Caravan were pretty good in their original lineups, don't know how it would be today.

Can you imagine the number of drug sniffing dogs they are going to have for that cruise passing by the bags preboarding, as you embark?

Yes on a cruise, now I kmow I am old.

• Like 2

saw yes most recently a few years back with dream theater as the headliner. wow! all their years together really showed, very tight! jon andersen's voice was fantastic, he must really take care of his vocal chords. though my son and i were there to see dream theater, we came away from the show VERY impressed with yes' performance. they put on a great show.

Yes this will be my third CTTE trip. Great times and a lovely community of folks who really love their prog rock. AND we have a passenger stage for late nights with sign up for on-line rehearsals. Last year Geoff Downes, Chris Squire, Patrick Moraz, Mark Kelley, Nad Sylvan (from Steve Hackett's Genesis Revisited) all were hanging out with us late night - some of them joined in with our band!  Don't plan on much sleep, but if you come to Miami for the 5 day cruise, we're doing a back-2-back on a Carnival ship for the following 5 days so can get some R&R. 

This is NOTSTOP Prog action folks!  

Btw, I'll be on the Monsters of Rock in a couple of weeks, same organizers On the Blue - a fun team to hang out with! Top notch production as well! 

• Like 1

Just a few snaps - Tangerine Dream, Steve Hackett (co-headliner with Yes), Chris Squire of Yes, Phil's son Simon Collins with his band Sound of Contact. Album cover artist Roger Dean give a painting demonstration in his on-board gallery. These are all from CTTE 2014

post-8651-0-81220000-1428046337_thumb.jp

post-8651-0-63540000-1428046389_thumb.jp

post-8651-0-22860000-1428046419_thumb.jp

post-8651-0-86660000-1428046459_thumb.jp

post-8651-0-00740000-1428046489_thumb.jp

post-8651-0-79500000-1428046533_thumb.jp

I wonder how close to the edge they get?

We get pretty damned close to the edge, it's palpable. Some of the world's biggest progressive rock fans come from Argentina, England, Australia, Germany you name it.. and the community is growing and very serious about their music. I've just recently been listening to Spock's Beard they have like 20 albums. Great opportunity to learn more about this genre of music. Join me on my Spotify list, I have a play list of probably 50 hours of all the bands that will be appearing on this upcoming cruise. 

Edited by colterphoto1
  • Like 1