I LOVE THESE KINDS OF VIDEOS

Gilbert

Ford Raptor Boy thinks his truck is ready for the Big Time right off the showroom floor. Scroll down to the bottom of the page for the video..... watch Raptor Boy's suspension collapse, funny as hell.

http://holyhorsepower.com/5-proven-methods-to-put-your-off-road-vehicle-to-the-test/?utm_source=OutB&utm_medium=Discov&utm_campaign=OutOffroad

Good thing he had those bead-lock wheels and really cool looking lite weight bumpers, or it could have been worse.

Edited by Gilbert
  • Like 2

Guest Steven1963

The only drawback I see here is that he survived. Natural selection failure. Hope he is fixed so that he doesn't pass those genes along.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Ford Raptor Boy thinks his truck is ready for the Big Time right off the showroom floor. Scroll down to the bottom of the page for the video..... watch Raptor Boy's suspension collapse, funny as hell.

http://holyhorsepower.com/5-proven-methods-to-put-your-off-road-vehicle-to-the-test/?utm_source=OutB&utm_medium=Discov&utm_campaign=OutOffroad

Good think he had those bead-lock wheels and really cool looking lite weight bumpers, or it could have been worse.

Great video, hard lesson learned. St. Jo Texas, why am I not surprised?

I bet the news kept getting worse for him. He probably made insurance claim and was told it wasn't covered because off road use is excluded. Just the air bags alone was probably a hefty bill. What do you think the total cost of that lesson was? 5K?

What do you think the total cost of that lesson was? 5K?

The biggest problem with Raptors is that jumps and high speed bumps literally bends the frames between the cab and bed. I thought it would about ruin them but according to jalopnik you can get it fixed for like $800.

The biggest problem with Raptors is that
it's a ford :ph34r: , it's for folks that drive on the road but would like to be "all that" and it costs way too much. One of the guys at work has one, goes back and worth to work about 20 miles a day....WHY?

The biggest problem with Raptors is that
it's a ford :ph34r: , it's for folks that drive on the road but would like to be "all that" and it costs way too much. One of the guys at work has one, goes back and worth to work about 20 miles a day....WHY?

Says the guy with a bright red chevy SS  :ph34r:

I think that was just stupid of him to think that truck would do that. My guess is more than 5K to fix that.  Rick

Oh yea, well over $5k..... entire suspension is toasted (springs, shocks, mounts, etc. etc. etc.), engine and tranny mounts roasted, oil pan & pump crush'ted, radiator and support brackets smush'ted, the entire undercarriage will have to be completely gone through. And just when he thinks it's all been taken care of, he's going to start hearing strange noises getting louder and louder from underneath the hood. I wouldn't be surprised if the crack support journals took a serious hit, heheheheheheheh.

Keep your eyeballs peeled for Craigslist adds, somewhere out there is what looks like a good deal on a Black Raptor.

I sure hope he's likely reproducing.

Personally, I'm not a big fan of the Raptor (or Chevy SS), but I know they have their following, particularly with city folks who don't do any serious off road driving. Mostly look-at-me prance around town while pulling the Boat or PWC around. Both of those trucks take a serious hit on suspension hauling capabilities, they're not built to pull trailers or regularly haul loads in the bed. Their built racing down smooth roads (Chevy SS) or smooth streets or smooth, gently rolling off road terrain (Raptor).

Edited by Gilbert

Says the guy with a bright red chevy SS :ph34r:

that does it on the ROAD as it was built for. Seriously, I have had several conversations with my insurance company about the difference between 4 wheel drive and ALL wheel drive use and the difference in use.

Edited by USNRET

I think that was just stupid of him to think that truck would do that. My guess is more than 5K to fix that.  Rick

Oh yea, well over $5k..... entire suspension is toasted (springs, shocks, mounts, etc. etc. etc.), engine and tranny mounts roasted, oil pan & pump crush'ted, radiator and support brackets smush'ted, the entire undercarriage will have to be completely gone through. And just when he thinks it's all been taken care of, he's going to start hearing strange noises getting louder and louder from underneath the hood. I wouldn't be surprised if the crack support journals took a serious hit, heheheheheheheh.

Keep your eyeballs peeled for Craigslist adds, somewhere out there is what looks like a good deal on a Black Raptor.

I sure hope he's likely reproducing.

Personally, I'm not a big fan of the Raptor (or Chevy SS), but I know they have their following, particularly with city folks who don't do any serious off road driving. Mostly look-at-me prance around town while pulling the Boat or PWC around. Both of those trucks take a serious hit on suspension hauling capabilities, they're not built to pull trailers or regularly haul loads in the bed. Their built racing down smooth roads (Chevy SS) or smooth streets or smooth, gently rolling off road terrain (Raptor).

I bought my SS for the combined creature comforts and power not for speed as it ain't the fastest thing around (in that year). With AWD it handles VERY nicely in the multitudes of climates I drove thru at the time. Now after 12 years it is a dependable vehicle and I do get nods from the folks that appreciate the look. Wish I had all the other Z-28s, Boss Mustangs, GTOs, Baracudas, etc that I once owned. I could afford a bunch of Klipsch after I sold them.

Edit: and the SS will be bringing my azz to Hope and pulls my bass boat just fine.

Edited by USNRET

Oh yea, well over $5k..... entire suspension is toasted (springs, shocks, mounts, etc. etc. etc.), engine and tranny mounts roasted, oil pan & pump crush'ted, radiator and support brackets smush'ted, the entire undercarriage will have to be completely gone through. And just when he thinks it's all been taken care of, he's going to start hearing strange noises getting louder and louder from underneath the hood. I wouldn't be surprised if the crack support journals took a serious hit, heheheheheheheh.

Lets not forget air bags and seat belt pre tensioners, they're not cheap either.

My guess is more than 5K to fix that.

Way more.

Both the airbags deployed INSTANTLY when that turd landed!  Those probably aren't cheap either.  :blink:

But I think you guys missed the big truck at the end that was blue and white and had red flashing lights on top.  I can just about guarantee you the way that Raptor was basically dropped out of the air from 15 feet up the driver had his spine compressed.

I bet that's an expensive visit to the hospital as well.

Edited by wvu80