Klipschorns with Aletheia Crossovers

Little_Skippy

*****SOLD*****These are 1984 walnut Klipschorns. They have been upgraded with Aletheia Audio crossovers. The type A crossovers are their latest version with the new low pass coils and Jupiter Flat Stack caps. Other then a few nicks in the veneer the speakers are in very nice overall cosmetic shape and sound wonderful!

These are for pickup Spartanburg, SC for ****. Please contact me with any questions. Thanks for looking and happy listening!

post-61115-0-05060000-1434377999_thumb.j

post-61115-0-97660000-1434378015_thumb.j

post-61115-0-43620000-1434378031_thumb.j

post-61115-0-89940000-1434378073_thumb.j
Edited by Little_Skippy

Little Skippy

That's a very very attractive price even without the Alethia Xover.

You may want to consider reinstalling the original xover and sell the Alethiea separately at your cost. At least those can be shipped.

Just a thought :D

I already told you I wanted them... "IF YOU CAN SHIP".  so far your word has not only been no... it's been HELL NO>

If you sell the XO's separate, I will take them right now. Perhaps the XO's and upgraded top section as a package deal.

If anyone is within So Car distance and can help me coordinate this, I would appreciate it.

From 5-26-15

What happen to the horn upgrade and drivers?

18832702662_7471c7f344_b.jpg

18651627789_61ba19338f_o.jpg

Edited by Schu

Thanks everyone. Ideally, I would like to sell the speakers before I sell the V-Tracs, xo's and tweets.  I will gladly sell the speakers with the original xo's installed, or with the full deal - V-Tracs(w/ adaptors), Beyma tweeters and Aletheia crossovers - installed. If anyone is interested in one of these options please contact me for the price.

Budman, yes, the bass xo components are located inside the door. 

Thanks everyone. Ideally, I would like to sell the speakers before I sell the V-Tracs, xo's and tweets.  I will gladly sell the speakers with the original xo's installed, or with the full deal - V-Tracs(w/ adaptors), Beyma tweeters and Aletheia crossovers - installed. If anyone is interested in one of these options please contact me for the price.

Budman, yes, the bass xo components are located inside the door. 

I've contacted you a number of times on audiogon...  over several weeks. let me know what we can do.

I can coordinate the shipping if necessary if you are willing to work with me

Edited by Schu

This community cracks me up. No one has this gentleman why he is selling or what he thinks about the sound. I mean. They could sound terrible! :)

Tweeters might be a wee bit hot - maybe.

Doesnt matter what op thinks about the sound... to me personally.

I know I could get them to the point where I would find them satisfying. But they wont sell... to me. I've made offers to OP of MORE THAN asking price on both audiogon and on here for both the full speakers and for the parts, I have yet to be able to get OP to commit to any deal.

Edited by Schu

The speakers create the most live(concert) sounding music that I have had in my house. And Dean is right, the Beyma tweeter, in combination with A Type A crossover, was a touch hot at times. My 300B amp helped with this. Some people might want a little padding on a Beyma tweeter with a Type A crossover. 

However, at the end of the day, these speakers do not provide the sound that I am looking for in my house. I am more of a Quad electrostatic kind of guy. Also, I am prepping for a move back to NC, and the less big items I have to move the better.

Schu, as much as I want to sell the speakers, I will not ship them. I will ship whatever of the upgrade items that do not sell with the speakers. These will be sold for the highest offer after the speakers have sold.