Am I Normal?

BigStewMan

But let's see, your favorite food is ketchup, and your main diet is Del Taco and only have one fork/spoon, well until you HAD to get more, if this is even somewhat true it's not looking good ?
it’s 100% true…and gets worse. 

Oh Yeah…you folks ARE great….50 years of presents for me, what a group.

Ironically, when i was a kid, i feared going insane.  Now that i’m there, i thought they’re would be more windows.

Edited by BigStewMan
  • Like 1

OK first what is your Definition of  (Normal)?

A Suicide Bomber might think He's normal.  Although I would disagree.

The Best Birthday I can remember I spent on a roof, in the rain (lots of rain), fixing leaks.

I can understand the feeling of missing out.  But sometimes the best Birthdays are the one's where we do something we want.  Whether for yourself, or for someone else. 

• Like 1

well my title for this post was somewhat misleading--it’s pretty evident that i march to the beat of my own drum…what i was intending to ask is whether it is normal to never have had a birthday party.

Edited by BigStewMan

• Moderators

I would think not, to be honest it's not all it's cracked up to be unless your a little kid, or really love cake. But it's done, the first time I see you we will have a cake.

Now realize I did take into consideration you live in California so the standard for normal was a bit lower to start with compared to say Iowa.  :blink:

By the way there was some pluses in the "normal" judgment, you were in the Coast Guard, your successful on your own, you collect guitars and hang out with celebrities. Also you apparently are pretty tough, not many can eat what you do and not have a problem and you lived after being run over by a truck, not many can say that. The ketchup and Del Taco regularity really drug down the averages............sorry. :) The fact that I like you didn't help the score either. :lol:   

I would never ask that question

Edited by dtel
  • Like 1

Well, you came to an interesting crowd to ask about being normal.

Things this forum considers 'normal'

1. Driving 16 hours to buy 40 yr old speakers that are half broken.

2. Spending $500+ on crossovers.

3. Adding two 18'' subwoofers behind you because the ones in front dont provide "Near field' effects.

4. Challenging another man to a dual at dawn over what amps provide better distortion harmonics.

5. Cutting holes in your ceiling to install 2-4 IB subwoofers in your attic.

6. Spending hours locked in a room running frequency sweeps into your REW program.

So my solution, on your birthday open all your windows and blast your favorite music all day. Your neighborhood will have a birthday party whether they like it or not. B)

Edited by twk123
  • Like 6

Well it depends on whether you wanted one or not. My dads B-day was Dec. 24 but I always tried to do something for him or get him something. I think the best B-days are where you get to do or go somewhere you like. I would settle for loud tunes and a milk choc. cake with milk choc. frosting with ice cold glass of milk ....in a real glass of course.     Christy deserves to have a party on her B-day even if it is on Christmas she should get something or maybe not have to do anything that day. Rick 

• Like 2

• Moderators

Normal schnormal.  Let's party in Hope next April.  We'll make up for lost time.

YES I am pretty confident we can jam all that lost time into a few days, you will see a whole different normal after that weekend, Ok not really normal but different.

The next one will make the first look like a girl scout meeting, the first was just a practice run, now we know............ :emotion-19:  :emotion-29:

• Like 1

Well, you came to an interesting crowd to ask about being normal.

Things this forum considers 'normal'

1. Driving 16 hours to buy 40 yr old speakers that are half broken.

2. Spending $500+ on crossovers.

3. Adding two 18'' subwoofers behind you because the ones in front dont provide "Near field' effects.

4. Challenging another man to a dual at dawn over what amps provide better distortion harmonics.

5. Cutting holes in your ceiling to install 2-4 IB subwoofers in your attic.

6. Spending hours locked in a room running frequency sweeps into your REW program.

So my solution, on your birthday open all your windows and blast your favorite music all day. Your neighborhood will have a birthday party whether they like it or not. B)

ROTFLMBO!  :lol:  Great post! 

The response, after being condensed and the answer reformed, comes down to this:  "Am I normal?" 

The answer (and this is a serious reply) "compared to whom?"  My answer is, you seem OK to me.  :emotion-21:

+++

I think your question might be otherwise stated (still staying serious here) "is not having a birthday party typical?"  The serious answer, is "no" its not typical.  But there can be many legit and reasonable reasons for that.  We all have a past, and we all have our stories.  I know of a young man whose father died on the young man's birthday.  He has not celebrated his birthday since.  You are entitled to your privacy and your reasons.

I think what the Klipsch community is asking you, is do you want to have a birthday party?  I heard some pretty nice offers you might want to consider taking.  I have a feeling some people on here really know how to throw a party.

You can't change the past, what matters is what you do from this time forward.  Do what you most want to do.  :smile:

Edited by wvu80
  • Like 1

Great thread Steve. I know I'm not completely normal, who would want to be. 

You seem to have led a pretty interesting life, I'm referring to your photos and interaction with the bands.

Anybody who has photos with the band Yes is alright in my book :D

• Like 1

• Moderators
ROTFLMBO! Great post! The response, after being condensed and the answer reformed, comes down to this: "Am I normal?" The answer (and this is a serious reply) "compared to whom?" My answer is, you seem OK to me. +++ I think your question might be otherwise stated (still staying serious here) "is not having a birthday party typical?" The serious answer, is "no" its not typical. But there can be many legit and reasonable reasons for that. We all have a past, and we all have our stories. I know of a young man whose father died on the young man's birthday. He has not celebrated his birthday since. You are entitled to your privacy and your reasons. I think what the Klipsch community is asking you, is do you want to have a birthday party? I heard some pretty nice offers you might want to consider taking. I have a feeling some people on here really know how to throw a party. You can't change the past, what matters is what you do from this time forward. Do what you most want to do.

You are good