Let's Talk SVS Customer Service, Again

willland

Wednesday July 1, 4:15am

Went to wipe a little dust off my SVS SB13 Plus and something prompted me to press the DSP knob and no little indigo blue light display came on.  Turned rocker switch off and then back on.  Still no blue light.  Unplugged and waited about 30 seconds and plugged back in to outlet.  Still no blue light.  Ran out of time before off to work so further diagnosing had to wait.

Wednesday July 1, 3:30pm

Played some music hoping the sub just needed a little voltage boost and still no blue light or sound.

Wednesday July 1, 4:00pm

Went to SVSound website and started online chat with Jeff.  Described what sub was doing(nothing) and he had me try a reset.  Nothing.  Jeff then emailed me instructions how to do a "bump test" to rule out the woofer itself and preceded to do so.  I unplugged +/- connections from amp and touched them to the +/- on a 9v battery.  It bumped alright.

Wednesday July 1, 4:30pm

Chatted more with Jeff and he confirmed amp failure and said he needed me to email him my information and serial number of the SB13+.

Wednesday July 1, 4:40pm

I gave him my information including the serial number and also informed him that I was not the original owner but did buy it from the original owner in Jacksonville, Florida.

Wednesday July 1, 4:45pm

Jeff Selong emailed me right back informing me I would be getting an email with an RA# and said to look out for an email with a prepaid Fed Ex shipping label.

Thursday July 2, 2:34pm

Email with RA# arrived.

Friday July 3, 9:34pm

Email with shipping label arrived.

Monday July 6, 9:30am

Fed Ex picked up package to return to SVS

Wednesday July 8, 11:30am

Delivered to SVS in Girard, Ohio.

Thursday July 9, 1:29pm

New amp picked up at SVS by Fed Ex

Tuesday July 14, 12:56pm

Delivered new amp to my workplace.

Tuesday July 14, 3:10pm

SVS SB13 Plus has rejoined his stepbrother Revel B15, steptwins Klipsch RT-10d and RT-10d, in rocking out the house. ;)  :D

Less than two week turnaround time.

Total cost to Willland=============$00.00  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  

Most of my correspondence was with Jeff Selong and he was incredible to deal with as well as the rest of the staff I dealt with.

Besides building great subwoofers(and great speakers from what I hear), the customer service is second to none from my "limited" experience.

Bill

post-24680-0-76940000-1436903359_thumb.j

post-24680-0-42380000-1436903380_thumb.j

post-24680-0-47900000-1436903404_thumb.j

post-24680-0-15300000-1436903442_thumb.j

Edited by willland
  • Like 9

Typical SVS story.  They're great to deal with.  I ordered a PC Ultra (B stock) from them once.  It got dropped during shipment (surprise!) so I called customer service.  A new one shipped out that day.  It was an A stock and they never charged me the difference.  A week after the good one came in they sent Fed Ex to my house to pick up the damaged one.  Never a question other than "how can we help you"?

• Like 1

We need more businesses like this, then maybe the masses of today would see there is such a thing as good service. and we could force the poor service people to do better or get out  :emotion-21:

Glad to hear it worked out bill, I know who to look at if I ever need a sub  :wink:

Great to hear and part of the reason why I bought my SVS SB2000. I had an issue with hooking my SB2000 up to my vintage Marantz 2275 receiver, and they were more than helpful, even drawing up a schematic and emailing it to me with what I needed to do and NOT to do from what others had tried with vintage gear, even what jumpers to buy...great people. 

even what jumpers to buy

Which ones did they suggest?  I bought some cheapos from HDepot and they work but the connection is not the best.

Bill

Hi Bill....I bought 2 Monster Y adaptors male to 2 female. SVS sells them on their accessories webpage but not the jumper cables.  I made my own jumper cables out of some Monster cable I had and bought 4 gold plated male RCA connectors. I plug the Y adaptor into the "pre out" on my Marantz 2275 and branch the rear line into the sub and the front line into the "main in" on the 2275 for both right and left. 

I have seen on Ebay a few sets of jumper cables from about 4" to 6" and they seem to be of half decent quality. There is a guy on Ebay from Sherbrooke Quebec who sells different varieties and lengths of jumpers and his prices aren't bad. 

Here is the link for his "stores page" and you can check out for yourself what he has: 

http://www.ebay.com/sch/visiontronic/m.html?item=221818941754&_qi=RTM2067268&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

I hope this helps, let me know....Tim

even what jumpers to buy

Which ones did they suggest?  I bought some cheapos from HDepot and they work but the connection is not the best.

Bill

Hi Bill....I bought 2 Monster Y adaptors male to 2 female. SVS sells them on their accessories webpage but not the jumper cables.  I made my own jumper cables out of some Monster cable I had and bought 4 gold plated male RCA connectors. I plug the Y adaptor into the "pre out" on my Marantz 2275 and branch the rear line into the sub and the front line into the "main in" on the 2275 for both right and left. 

I have seen on Ebay a few sets of jumper cables from about 4" to 6" and they seem to be of half decent quality. There is a guy on Ebay from Sherbrooke Quebec who sells different varieties and lengths of jumpers and his prices aren't bad. 

Here is the link for his "stores page" and you can check out for yourself what he has: 

http://www.ebay.com/sch/visiontronic/m.html?item=221818941754&_qi=RTM2067268&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

Tim,

Thanks a bunch.

Bill

even what jumpers to buy

Bill

Tim,

Thanks a bunch.

Bill

No problem Bill, glad to help out a fellow Klipscher,  he seems to have pretty good feedback from the various jumper sets he has sold so you should be able to find what you need...good luck and Happy Listening....

T.