The 30's are here! Have I lost my mind?

Matthews

answer: YES!  :wacko:  I have completely lost my mind!!!    $400 CL deal.  Can't pass that up, right???

Special thanks to JiminSTL :emotion-21: for helping to make this deal a reality.  You are the man, Jim.  Thank you my Brother!

post-36834-0-67180000-1437249233_thumb.j

• Like 6

trying to load some more pics.  NOT WORKING!!!  - how come photobucket does not work anymore (copy/paste)?

The "reply" window tells me file is too big when uploading from computer to the forum.  Darnit!  what do I do???

• Like 1

Wall of Klipsch and my babies :)   - OK, so the uploading is a drag.  Having to upload to photobucket, copy from there.  Paste onto my desktop.  Lastly chose file to upload into a reply.  UHG!!!  

...this photo was a trial

post-36834-0-42980000-1437253177_thumb.j

• Like 8

Some views of the condition.  The cabinets/baffles have already been sealed by the previous owner (no rattles). I think $400 and a few hundred miles was a good deal :)

post-36834-0-34500000-1437253854_thumb.j

post-36834-0-23220000-1437253866_thumb.j

post-36834-0-95340000-1437253893_thumb.j

...the dogs wagon turned out to be the perfect hauler

post-36834-0-05260000-1437253910_thumb.j

• Like 3

Matt, am so glad you are home now, have them hooked up, and are enjoying!  You got a heckuva deal, and the seller was pleased, too.  Doesn't get better than that.  Well, that and the two wonderful Shepherds you have assigned guard duty!

Thanks for the kind words, fellas!

• Like 3

I also like those meter lights in the back. Is that an M 80 Yamaha amp?

It is an M-65, derrick.

Does that mean you don't want my 30s after all Matt? LOL

Thank you Mark, do believe I have that one covered now.  You want to buy some beautiful Scala's? :)

• Like 1

How'd they compare to your Scalas?

This is the ultimate in side-by-side comparison!  Just a flip of the switch.  Same amp, signal and source.  The ONLY variation is the speaker. 

My comparison has been somewhat limited so far.  I can say this, they sound much different from one another.  I had run a pair of 7's a while back.  It is almost like the 30's are a hybrid between the reference and heritage series.  I like this!!!  Thumbs up so far :emotion-21:

More observations to come soon...

Matt

• Like 3

It is almost like the 30's are a hybrid between the reference and heritage series.
I would describe them in the same way.

Tubes......a little EQ....a couple mods here and there.....and you've really got something. :emotion-21:

• Like 1