one year ago.....

MORE KLIPSCH PLEASE

• Moderators

Sooooo about the same time, and one year ago I joined this Klipsch forum thing....

From my very 1st post I was made to feel welcome. There was some fun poked at me for some laughs. But it was all good.

I was on the site a few times before I joined just poking around. So I decided to give it a shot.

What a place.....there were people hear that owned more Klipsch speakers than me.....and just had more gear than I did. I quickly told my wife....."see I don't have a problem".... Then my kids find out that I joined a forum to talk about speakers and audio gear...they were laughing at me.....then they find out that there are women on this forum that I have spoken with.....They were asking my wife "do you know daddy is talking to women on his forum".... It's like I was a criminal...

They just don't understand this audio thing......Most of the time it's parents telling there kids to turn that dam music down......not at our house.....my kids are like..."dad my walls are shaking can you turn it down some"? lol lol..

Well in this year I have seen some stuff.....some really funny shitt, some form member's getting pissed off with each other, some saying there leaving, watched some threads get locked up.. yea I read them but didn't say a word.... and Iv'e watched other forum members giving some help to other forum members.....But the saddest was the passing of Boxx...I was just starting to know his witt.. Yes that was a sad day.....I asked my wife how could I be so sad and so upset over a man I never meet??? Talking with some of my friends I was not the only one who shed a tear...and then the night we all got together and played Pink Floyd for Boxx. I was at the shop working...pumping out the watts to the KP-362's...yea I had a big lump in my throat....

Well what I want to do here is to thank all my friends and all the great people that come to this site to help and teach others. Cuz I sure need it...I may have a good bit of audio gear but I'm no "audiofile"... On my 1st post I stated I want to learn....and I have from so so many that really know there shitt....so yea thank you...

So to all my klipsch peeps...it's been a great 1st year and I look forward to many more....and one day I hope I get a chance to meet some of you...

Take care all..

In the words of Boxx...I will "come often, post often"

MKP :-)

Oh yea one more thing...Tarheel you are the one that "coined" me MKP...thanks I liked it...

This is one of, if not THE, best original topic/post's I have read all year.

Thanks for that.

Travis

• Like 3

MKP, congrats on one year! You're about 6 months ahead of me. The posts of yours that I have seen are always kind and informative. (I haven't read them all, that would be creepy) You stayed away from the mud slinging posts which are always tempting to join in. You obviously have made some friends here. I cringed a couple times when you posted "personal" stuff, but all I saw were genuinely concerned replies. A sure sign you have made friends. You also tend to have common sense opinions on a variety of subjects, The objective of most group meetings of addicts is to reform you. This place only adds fuel to the fire.

Hope you keep posting for years to come.

• Like 1

• Moderators

MKP, congrats on one year! You're about 6 months ahead of me. The posts of yours that I have seen are always kind and informative. (I haven't read them all, that would be creepy) You stayed away from the mud slinging posts which are always tempting to join in. You obviously have made some friends here. I cringed a couple times when you posted "personal" stuff, but all I saw were genuinely concerned replies. A sure sign you have made friends. You also tend to have common sense opinions on a variety of subjects, The objective of most group meetings of addicts is to reform you. This place only adds fuel to the fire.

Hope you keep posting for years to come.

This is one of the greatest groups of people I have ever had the pleasure of knowing. I mean that with all sincerity!

• Like 2

Congrats Mark on your one year anniversary, time really does fly by huh. You can tell when someone is liked around here by the amount of "likes" they have….and you my friend, have twice as many likes as posts! That's very impressive. Enjoy your day :D

• Like 3

This is one of, if not THE, best original topic/post's I have read all year.

Travis you  must have my missed my thread entitled “The Real Best Original Topic/Post That You’ll Read All Year.”  It was captivating (but i’m still glad the Mark’s here and more than willing to give him top billing).

Edited by BigStewMan
  • Like 1