Chorus fabs - pretty

Matthews

I want to come over and hear them.

Absolutely, Rick :D  - when you are in the Columbia area, give me a ring ah ding ding.  The door is open and coffee is on.  Join me for a little session of bliss...

These have come a long way from an old pair of Chorus garage beaters :emotion-21:

I would like to get some of this cane and see if it would work for grills. What do you guys think. http://woodworker.com/12-wide-traditional-weave-cane-mssu-857-175.asp?search=cane&searchmode=2   I think it is for chairs but I think you could make frames for it to be grills. I would have to get some and see it in person. Rick

Well did you test them out yet.....put them through the paces?

Holy Smokes !!!  - poured about 170 watts per channel into these babies - OMGosh do they sound good.  Did my base line (not bass) testing with out the sub turned on.  These suckers DANCE circles around the old KLF-30's, hands down...

I do not listen to music at these levels however (those pesky neighbors).  To smooth things out and get good SOLID bass response at low listening levels, the R-115SW provides back-up.  A blissful combination, to put it lightly.

I will take this pair of Chorus over the Scala 10 out of 10 times.  To sum up my initial impressions in a word - "ECSTATIC!!!"

How did you decide on the vent tube length

I set the port tube length at 10".  No science, just a stab in the dark.  They dig deep and are incredibly tight.  Sounds like the drum set is right here in my living room.  I will leave them at 10" for a while.  To make adjustments, I have to pull the woofer.  I think I may have hit it on the mark though :smile: 

• Like 4

Any progress on the grills? If it weren't for your German Shepherds, I would say leave 'em the way they are.

They are so pretty, Mookie, I just can't bring myself to cover them up :D

...a watchful eye when "The Boy & The Bean" have their little rough house sessions