Chorus fabs - pretty

Matthews

Line the cabinet with acoustic sound dampener if you want to reduce resonances.

I can pick "sound dampening" material from my local car audio shop.  I believe it is a cut/peel/stick product.  Is this something I should seriously consider?  The idea and theory in my mind seems right.  However in actual application, having some doubt.  Once I have the polyurethane finish complete, not going to want to take these babies apart, just to remove the damping product. 

Any clues to application appreciated :emotion-21:   - kinda torn about which way to go...

edit: 6 inch port tubes will be installed with interior flares.

Edited by Matthews

Line the cabinet with acoustic sound dampener if you want to reduce resonances.

I can pick "sound dampening" material from my local car audio shop.  I believe it is a cut/peel/stick product.  Is this something I should seriously consider?  The idea and theory in my mind seems right.  However in actual application, having some doubt.  Once I have the polyurethane finish complete, not going to want to take these babies apart, just to remove the damping product. 

Any clues to application appreciated :emotion-21:   - kinda torn about which way to go...

Not the same stuff as the car audio products to keep panels from resonating though the acoust-x can be used in both.

A few options are: You can shop around for better prices, just giving examples here.

Eggcrate foam.

Self adhesive foam.

Acoust-x

• Like 1

Not the same stuff as the car audio products to keep panels from resonating though the acoust-x can be used in both.

A few options are: You can shop around for better prices, just giving examples here.

Eggcrate foam.

Self adhesive foam.

Acoust-x

I agree with the (better quality) damping choices.  It is a luxury we can afford that the standard factory installs do on the cheap.  Use foam for ported applications and Polyfil for sealed.

My CF-4's use 2 pieces per group of 3/4" foam sheets for a total of 1.5" loosely placed in the cabinet (no adhesive used).

post-58280-0-71940000-1443538140_thumb.j

post-58280-0-41220000-1443538410_thumb.j

post-58280-0-06300000-1443538443_thumb.j

Edited by wvu80
  • Like 1

LOL, Mark :)

Yes, I am going to drill a hole and connect a wire or two.

Can't wait to get hands on these babies, still MUCH to do before they are ready to play.

WooHoo!

It appears all the holes are already drilled. So you are connecting 4 wires ( 2 for each speaker) AND connecting the other ends to an amp or receiver?

On a more important note. Mookie, how much does a CNC cost for a basic model? 

TY

Mark

Cancel this thought, it's way out of my league

Edited by ZEUS121996

Don't underestimate Matt's input. These are plywood boxes right now. A long way from pretty. He has sanding and finishing and rewiring to do. Me, I'd slap a coat of Duratex on them and call it done. Getting them to what Matt is looking for is hard work.

• Like 1